Model 3

Free 2 year supercharging deviation

124»

Comments

• edited November 2019
    I finally got my Supercharging today. It is good for 2 years:

Supercharging Status

Free Supercharging until 2021-11-14T03:26:29-08:00

Phew! That was hard work making all the phone calls and raising this issue up to the branch manager and regional manager.
  • edited November 2019
    I took delivery on 9/20/19 and I still haven’t got my 2 year unlimited supercharging! Fake News!!!!
  • I took delivery on on 9/30/19 and still have not received my 2 year free unlimited supercharging. Have made many calls and written many emails, but still nothing. Tesla makes a great car, but they have some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Extremely disappointed.
  • edited November 2019
    Same issue here. Was working with an SA on getting delivery on a sleeper 3 and took delivery on 9/28. We were assured that we’d qualify for the 2 year free offer but still haven’t gotten closure. Only update I’ve gotten in this whole fiasco is that I might not qualify since the car was a demo with 500 miles on it for ~$1k off. Pretty frustrated with the whole communication and expectation setting experience. Good thing I had a referral that got me another 2k to hold me over for a little longer...

Anyone with recent luck on getting your status updated that had a similar issue with so-called deviations?
  • edited December 2019
    I took delivery on Sept 29th and the 2 year free supercharger usage was posted on Nov 21st...
    "Supercharging Status Free Supercharging until November 21, 2021"
  • edited January 3
    I took delivery on 9/26. Was committed (via email) I would get both free upgrades and 2-year free supercharging, The SA even openned a case for me, and said it was approved. but later the case was denied, and I was told I wouldn't qualify for the free charging because of the free upgrades. The SA said he couldn't get it any further on this. Any idea how to reach the upper management to get this resolved? Does filing compliants to BBB or FTC work?

@tjhjunk1, did you also get the free upgrades? Did you need to fight to get the 2-year free charging or it was granted automatically? thanks.
  • edited January 3
    @teatree i think you could only have one, your rep probably made a mistake and was trying to make a sale. The upgrades are probably worth a lot more than the 2 years of supercharging.
  • edited January 3
    It shouldn't be a mistake. Apparently a lot of sales persons were making those offers. Clearly it was allowed at some point.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/tesla-discounts-free-supercharging-end-of-the-quarter-push/
    https://electrek.co/2019/09/20/tesla-changes-end-of-quarter-incentives-abuse/
  • edited January 23
    Took delivery on 9/29 and I still don’t have the 2 years free supercharging. The only thing the SA In Brea, CA can tell me is that they already submitted the case but could not tell me what is the status. I asked if I can talk to his manager But refuses to let me talk to his manager. I gave up chasing them already but it’s really disappointing how they’ve handled my case.

Does anyone here still have the same case and have been waiting this long also?
  • edited January 24
    I took delivery on 9/30/19 (last day of the promotion) and have tried both phone and chat support. The salesperson that sold me the car no longer works for Tesla (so he’s no help), but the manager for the local store where I bought it (Miguel) has been trying to escalate the matter since 12/24/19. I must admit, after almost 7 years of being a staunch Tesla advocate, fanboy, and now owner... I’m truly disappointed with the way I’m being sidelined. I was thrilled to see the Tesla stock trading through the roof lately... but I’d like to see them reinvest some of that capital into taking care of their loyal owners. After all, Tesla doesn’t advertise except by word of mouth, and lately, my words have been less than praiseworthy...
  • edited January 24
    I took delivery on 9/30/19 (last day of the promotion) and have tried both phone and chat support. The salesperson that sold me the car no longer works for Tesla (so he’s no help), but the manager for the local store where I bought it (Miguel) has been trying to escalate the matter since 12/24/19. I must admit, after almost 7 years of being a staunch Tesla advocate, fanboy, and now owner... I’m truly disappointed with the way I’m being sidelined. I was thrilled to see the Tesla stock trading through the roof lately... but I’d like to see them reinvest some of that capital into taking care of their loyal owners. After all, Tesla doesn’t advertise except by word of mouth, and lately, my words have been less than praiseworthy...
  • edited January 27
    Sorry for the double post... anybody else still waiting? Any suggestions? I purchased in Tampa, FL.
  • edited January 28
    I rattled my salesman's cage and he made it happen.
  • edited February 21
    Anyone still dealing with this mess?

BBB and OMVIC (Ontario, Canada sale) complaint is coming soon for them from me.
  • edited February 21
    For some free supercharging please use my code, it's a win/win for the both of us!

https://www.tesla.com/referral/david25498
  • edited February 29
    I hope Tesla is not intentionally delaying our free supercharging to reduce/lessen traffic on their offsite superchargers, and forcing owners to find alternate means to charge our cars.

Anyone aware of a class lawsuit versus Tesla related to this?
  • edited April 16
    I took delivery on 9/20/19 and I still haven’t got my 2 year unlimited supercharging! Fake News!!!! I keep trying and my sales person keeps lying about it.