Model 3

Headlight bulb replacement

edited November -1 in Model 3
Pardon my incompetency if I haven't been looking in the right places but with a quick google search of model 3 headlight bulb replacements/what the specs are of the OEM headlight bulbs I come up with almost nothing. I don't get anything that is specific to the model 3 and I have also tried looking in the owners manual. Nada. Anyone have any info on this or at least can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2019
    I believe they're LED
  • edited October 2019
    It's LED and can be bought only from Tesla.
    Also, Tesla replaced the entire module for me - headlight with the housing.
  • edited October 2019
    +1 @vmulla

I had one headlight go out. Tesla told me that headlamp is sealed. Ranger replaced the whole assembly.
  • edited October 2019
    Ah. That makes sense why they are so freaken bright! Idk why LEDs didn't cross my mind. Thanks everyone!
  • > @vmulla_98067114 said:
    > It's LED and can be bought only from Tesla.
    > Also, Tesla replaced the entire module for me - headlight with the housing.
  • were they replaced under warranty or did you have to pay?
  • No bulbs. Headlights are covered under warranty unless physically damaged. They should last the life of the car.
  • Both of my headlights over the course of the last year have been replaced, under warranty, and they do have to make sure they are properly aligned.
    PS: According to the service tech, the current headlights are a complete redesign/improvement from what I had on my 2018
  • My right headlight as row of leads that aren't working (Seems like daylight ramp of 4 to 5 leds. The car is still under warranty will Tesla change this on the warranty? I am worried that a complete headlight assembly is expensive? Not mentioning it would be a waste for materials to change the whole headlight assembly for only one defective led row! Looking forward to your reply.
  • Yes under warrantee. I have had both headlights replaced due to the middle row led going out. Replaced with the latest improved headlight assembly.