Model 3

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

Comments

• edited October 2019
    @Pg3ibew,
    Maybe start a Twitter? This is super exciting
  • edited October 2019
    Today is the day!!

Where do you live? I'll come over in the P3D & bring some steaks to grill.
  • edited October 2019
    @vmulla, TOO FUNNY. I have a twitter. I am almost too excited to post here !!!
    @jj, I am on SI. I have all my kids coming over. Thanks for the offer.
    T minus 1 hour 21 minutes.
  • edited October 2019
    Just to let all of you know, I was up about 12 times last night. And I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night.
  • edited October 2019
    Lol. I am excited for you. I remember what it was like for me Oct 1, 2018
  • edited October 2019
    Just got a call. Small delays. Half marathon in Brooklyn is delaying my delivery by a little bit.
  • edited November -1
    Coming from a Cmax Energi, ourselves, you will not miss that ICE engine lag kicking in when you floor it. Calm down and focus on the tasks at hand. This is a big day for you to pay attention to details. It sounds like you have spent some time here so, hopefully, you have read all sorts of things and have chosen what will work best for you.

Enjoy!
  • edited October 2019
    In some ways ordering your Tesla is a leap of faith but they always deliver. Only the vocal few (who shall not be named) are not thrilled with their new ride.

Congrats on your new best toy!
  • edited October 2019
    @magic, thanks. And yes. I have spent a very long time here. Lol. I wanted to buy a Model S about 5 years ago. I know A LOT about the Tesla. But could always learn more.
  • edited October 2019
    Today is your day, bro. Today is your day, bro.
    And yes, as someone said, name your car Saturday.
  • edited October 2019
    Haha.
  • edited October 2019
    My with is saying CASPER
  • edited October 2019
    If you have spent a lot of time here you have read many stories of disappointment that, intended or not, create FUD. Can you share why you bought a Tesla after reading so many "horror" stories?

BTW we celebrated our 1 year of ownership in August and I am more enthused about the car than day we picked it up. The anticipation of getting OTA's have some in an impatient frenzy wanting to get the latest greatest before anyone else, it is all fun.
  • edited October 2019
    @magic. I pay NO ATTENTION to the FUD. I am an electrician for 35 years. I know the benefits of EV cars. Right now, I am returning a PHEV Ford Fusion Energi. I have been researching EVs for as long as Tesla has been making cars.
    Although I have been a Ford guy my whole life, Ford can NOT deliver the quality that Tesla Is delivering. I research the Bolt, the Nissan and the Kona. None of them could hold a candle to the Tesla when it comes to OVERALL quality, design, charging and looks.
  • edited October 2019
    I just got confirmation that CASPER will be here @11:20am EASTERN time. Lol. T minus 32 minutes.
  • edited October 2019
    Just flipping through... your story reminds me a lot of my own!! Couldn’t justify spending on the S or X, but did the years of pressing my nose against the Tesla showroom windows daily.

Had 3 car seats by the time Model 3 came out. But pulled the trigger on Oct 8 and am hitting refresh every hour!

Living vicariously through you right now.
  • edited October 2019
    @P3ibew I have been 100% Ford/Lincoln the past 20-25 years. My running joke is that Ford has trained me to bring my own lube when I go in for service (I use dealer service all the time). I still have a Ford that use for towing and it gets used a lot less now. Thanks for this thread.
  • edited October 2019
    "Living vicariously through you right now."

I think many of us are. This is a fun thread, for a change.

@Pg3ibew, now I get the "ibew" in your moniker. Excellent.

Please post links to photos at your earliest convenience.

I think I'm gonna go sit in my 3 and watch some El Camino on Netflix for a while, it's the best seat in my house.
  • edited October 2019
    @dillomn, your story is me to a TEE.
    @Magic, LMAO. So true.
  • edited October 2019
    Pg3ibew | October 19, 2019
    @jj, I am on SI
    You're in Slovenia?

I don't know where SI is assuming it's in the U.S.
  • edited October 2019
    @Pg3ibew
    Look at you...I can see you right now in the Tesla delivery center. You’re trying to look calm and collected with your new shirt on as you hand over that cashiers check like a baller.
    But on your head you are jumping up and down like you won the showcase showdown on The Price Is Right!

P.S. Don’t forget to get a copy of your window sticker. You will want to frame it.
  • edited October 2019
    @Pg3ibew
    Look at you...I can see you right now in the Tesla delivery center. You’re trying to look calm and collected with your new shirt on as you hand over that cashiers check like a baller.
    But in your head you are jumping up and down like you won the showcase showdown on The Price Is Right!

P.S. Don’t forget to get a copy of your window sticker. You will want to frame it.
  • edited October 2019
    Sorry. Staten Island NY.
    CASPER is HERE. wooooooofuckingwoooooo
  • edited October 2019
    @Ray. They delivered it my HOUSE!!!!
  • edited October 2019
    Sorry. Staten Island NY.
    CASPER is HERE. wooooooofuckingwoooooo