Model S

trailer hitch / bike rack

edited November -1 in Model S
anyone have a recommendation for a Model S 'trailer hitch' just to hold a bike rack? I see it offered on the X; configured by Tesla, but see nothing for an S. Are there after market suppliers? I do not want a roof rack, have heavy ebikes. by the way Specialized 'turbo' bikes are great, and fun. clearly electric propulsion is THE 'way to go'!

Comments

• edited October 2019
    I put that hitch on my car last year as I like the hitch-mounted bike rack as well (I am short and don't trust myself lifting a bike up over the car.) There were some early problems with galvanic reaction (steel to aluminum connection), but they added some vinyl washers as spacers to "help" to prevent this problem. I went a step farther and replaced the zinc coated nuts and washers provided with stainless steel. An ounce of prevention...
  • edited November -1
    I have seen a local model S with a bike rack and it looks very nice. Both Torklift and ETrailer carry hitches - they look very similar. I like the video from Torklift.
  • Does Tesla have any warranty issues with people installing hitches for bike racks? I have a 2020 S and am thinking of the Ecohitch.
  • They have to prove the hitch caused the problem that is generating the warranty claim. If you have a battery or power train issue I would def take the hitch off and not tell them...
  • I have had the torklift echo hitch on Model S for years. Works well. You can also remove the hitch very easily after use