Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Preconditioning uses how much battery capacity?

edited October 2019 in Model 3
122 to 101 miles of range for an 11 mile run. 11 miles, 2.kWh of battery for the preconditioning. The 34 miles, 8.2kWh the last time the Tesla was on Preconditioning the entire time to the charger. Big differences. Fall and Winter coming should be able to get a larger sample.

Definitely have to more careful in cooler weather on letting battery go down. Instead of what seems like a built in fudge factor by Tesla on the low end, those extra 10-20 miles that Preconditioning is going to consume.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Mine used 12 miles of range on an 11 mile run in 38 degree temperatures. What happened to the thread by the same name where you were brutally embarrassed by your lack of understanding of elementary principles and words? I know some people archived it for fear you would “disappear” it.
  • edited October 2019
    There have to be rules about spam...
  • edited October 2019
    I’m sure you did and now back to how much power does Preconditioning use. Numbers suggest a lot and it will no doubt go up as its gets colder.

Not important to those with home charging but for Model 3’ers dependent on the public chargers, an important number to know.

Nice if Tesla gave us some basic specs on power usage but a Winter of recording power usage should provide some base line numbers.
  • edited October 2019
    sigh
  • edited November -1
    Please show your work Fishy. How are you coming up with this 2kWh?
  • edited October 2019
    And are you still going to stick with the 8.2kWh from your last post?
  • edited October 2019
    Fish is trolling
  • edited November -1
    I think this is less about your car’s range and more about your short position.
  • edited October 2019
    And just in case this Thread lasts longer than the last thread, here is a recap for people to read right off the bat...

From Fishy's first thread as referenced in this thread:
    "The Preconditioning message was on for the 11 mile, 10 minute trip. Taking out the 11 miles for the trip, the Pre-Conditioning looks to have used 34 miles of range, 8kWh of power. "

In order for the car to use 8kWh of energy in 10 minutes, it would have to be drawing 48kW on average continuously throughout those 10 minutes to heat the battery. This is not possible. Fishy doubled down multiple times in the other thread and clearly has no understanding of kW and kWh and what is remotely possible.
  • edited October 2019
    310 miles of range
    75,000 wH battery
    4.13 miles per kWh

11 miles/4.13 would be 2.66kWh of battery
    34 miles/4.13 would be 8.23kWh of battery

Here’s pic of the energy usage spike

https://imgur.com/kvAXCIt
  • edited October 2019
    “ I know some people archived it for fear you would “disappear” it.“@Bighorn

That’s your game. Too funny that you were able to find it and resurrect it even though it makes your claims above look...ahem...less than accurate.

Hopefully with new forum software, the Search function will work better.
  • edited October 2019
    I love how he is hoping for new forum software, but when every post he puts up has 1,000 down votes and 12 up votes (from his fake shadow accounts) everyone will see the truth every time he posts.

I hope it is true, it will expose the trolls so badly!!!
  • edited November -1
    So the picture is interesting. Are you suggesting that the battery pre-conditioning was on from mile -10 to mile -7.5ish, then the car decided to just fully cut off pre-conditioning for like a half mile, and then start it up full blast again and then it cut out again?
  • edited October 2019
    The pretense of reality is eroding quickly
  • edited November -1
    What did I resurrect?
    The answer is 4 kW, so I don’t know why we’re acting like the answer is some mystery.
  • edited October 2019
    @Bighorn, as usual Fishy is confused...I was the one who resurrected his other thread.
  • edited November -1
    Starting to sound like WantMY logic in here
  • edited November -1
    By his own graphic he proves that his car was running at an average 400whr/mi, or roughly 160% of normal. So your “11mile run” would at worst have consumed about 18 miles of range. Dummy.
  • edited October 2019
    Battery capacity is a nonsensical metric since it will be dependent on distance. Power is the question you should be asking.
  • edited October 2019
    Bottom line is Tesla has the power to control the narrative and this broken record narrative could be controlled by the controllers. Fish has buried himself so deep in his own dogma that if he tries to be sincere he will never be taken seriously. The boy has cried wolf many times.
  • edited October 2019
    Hey look he deleted the original thread that shows what an uniformed ignorant troll FISHEV is, and reposted it which removed the some 183 comments that were on that thread. Here we are again!!!!

Rinse and Repeat.
  • edited November -1
    LOL @ that spike. That’s called dV/dT.
  • edited October 2019
    My apologies. He did not delete the original thread. It still exists, now we have two:

Battery Pre-conditioning uses how much power?
    https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/battery-pre-conditioning-uses-how-much-power

Preconditioning uses how much battery capacity?
  • edited October 2019
    pre-heating wouldn't manifest itself as a spike, throttle application does. Pre-heating would be a flat bump which you don't see because its probably too small to even be resolved in the graph.
  • edited October 2019
    “PS Dow was up 45.85 points so Tesla is just a bit behind average points increase at 44.50.” -FishEV 23OCT2019