Model 3

Best Forum Contributor: Your Results are In!

Comments

• edited November 2019
    -@WhiteWi

In my book, the OP lost some credibility when this thread was put up, and as it continues to stand without edits.

-@Hokiegir1 simple and unbiased (without "click-bait" like categories and classifications of posters) seems like a better approach to me; probably why she got many votes/mentions as best forum contributer. I do agree the statistic says a lot about this wonderful forum, however.
  • edited November 2019
    @jebinc - That's fair. I'm also counting my own pleas as unusable. So I'm "ugly" too ;)
    But the point is, in order to get to a very specific outcome, this forum gets highly distracted into attacks and counter attacks. Even those with the best of intentions add to the noise when they engage.
    I think we all know this.

I personally use the browser add-on to filter out a handful of the worst offenders (I did not use this when I pulled down the data). Unfortunately the add-on isn't an effective noise gate due to all the other people with good intentions who engage. This forum clearly needs better admin.

Due to the noise, both from the obvious jerks and the good people, I think I'm going to start following TeslaMotorsClub instead of this forum.
  • edited November 2019
    I doubt you will a better signal to noise ratio, you will just encounter a different type of noise.
  • edited November 2019
    I doubt you will find...........
  • edited November 2019
    -@synfendia

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Consider editing your original post, if you feel compelled to do so, as to eliminate inflammatory classifications - stick rather to just the facts..

Re TMC, I think you will enjoy the experience much more than the one you get here... In the past few days of monitoring/posting on this site, I've seen some of the biggest "disrupters" don a different suit to look more like a non-disrupter. Probably just until the dust blows over... Pretty sad to watch, actually. Now, if these adjustments are permanent, good for them for seeing the need to change. I suspect not, however, as these folks are not just behaving better, they are pretending (as evidenced by their posts) that they never were a problem. See you on the other side!
  • edited November 2019
    "............that they never were a problem."

Who made you decider of who and who is not "a problem"?
  • edited November 2019
    Can we nominate this for the worst forum thread?
  • edited November 2019
    sounds like a ploy to get vigilant posters off of this forum. Lol.
  • edited December 2019
    I vote for Hokiegirl
  • edited December 2019
    @max dumb late.
  • edited April 6
    Wow FISHEV, better contributor than Magic No Ball.
    How did you feel M8B? Heartbroken?
  • edited April 6
    He is #2 same as doo doo.
  • edited April 6
    FISHEV = Maxxer = FactDoc = Fake doctor = EVIL LYING DISGUSTING TROLL
  • edited November -1
    Wow sad fake doc got nothing else to do in times of crisis. So much for being doctor.
  • edited April 6
    How is @Magic not in the TROLL category? This guy only has jag azz answers for everything.
  • edited April 6
    @fazman, I agree. There are rumors that he once used to post useful things, but during m 2 years here I haven't witnessed that.
  • edited April 6
    Trolls are busy reviving necro threads, bashing Tesla, and those shedding light on their Tesla bashing activities.

The truth will prevail.
  • edited April 6
    Don't get fooled by the likes of FISHEV and his/her/its sock puppets. M8B is real; FISH is definitely in here to disrupt the forums by waylaying newbies and others into thinking that FISH is genuine - when it's not.
    I tend to post PSAs when FISH is running about; M8B is a bit more direct. Either is better than ignoring FISH because that allows FISH to dominate.
    Hard choices, really, but, without moderation, that's what we get.
  • edited April 6
    @fazman | April 6, 2020 How is @Magic not in the TROLL category? This guy only has jag azz answers for everything."

The category was least useful "data", @M8B posts no data just his canned spam messages like @Tronguy who seems to feel the need to post his canned spam telling Tesla owners to not make up their own minds.

I'd give the Canned Spam Awards to:

1. @M8B
    2. @andy.connor.e (the non Tesla owning, non Tesla driving self appointed adviser to Tesla owners)
    3. @Tronguy and his Tronspriacy theory posts. It's Tronguy's wife's Tesla. He uses here account.
  • edited April 6
    @Tronguy You are in NY or somewhere in the east, correct? How are you holding up?

Also wondering about the electrician pgie3 (forgot the user name).
  • edited April 6
    i won an award!
  • edited April 6
    @andy.connor.e | April 6, 2020 i won an award!

No but I would vote for you for Spammer No. 2.
  • edited April 6
    You gave me the Canned Spam Award. Are you saying im not worthy of the spam award?
  • edited April 6
    Yeah, I hope our Buddy NYC Electrician is well and safe.
  • edited April 6
    New Jersey, actually. I have a job where I can get quite a bit done from home, although the stack of stuff at work that needs prodding is slowly growing larger.
    SO and I spent a significant part of the weekend following the NY Times/WA Post instructions on How To Make A Facemask. This go-around, the SO did the pinning while I ran the sewing machine; little moving parts (and a mother who didn't believe in her four sons not knowing how to run a Singer) put that job on me.
    Ran around Sunday dropping off game cards to an on-line gaming group my SO's a member of, wearing the new masks and leaving the plastic-packaged, left alone for 3-days cardboard game cards at the various members' places. Roads aren't quite empty; mostly traffic to/from supermarkets and the like, along with what I would guess is a normal population of trucks.
    NJ is estimated to be a week or two behind NY. Governor Murphy's got my respect: Guy had cancer surgery about 2 weeks before everything hit the fan, with instructions from the docs to take it easy and rest a lot for six weeks. That went out the wazoo, and he's been up doing nearly daily briefings since then. Rumor is that the man's running on adrenaline.