Energy Products

Financing for Tesla Solar Panels in MA?

Hi All,
I am very much interested in buying Tesla's solar panels as opposed to leasing but I am having a tough time getting financing as Tesla does not participate in Massachusetts's Solar Program. Due to this I am unable to find a lender with decent rates.

Anyone else facing these issues? If so, how did you arrange your loans (assuming you are in similar situation where you are not able to purchase the panels outright :) )

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I am not sure that I can help you regarding the MA Solar loan, but I am working on installing Tesla powerwalls and will be using a MA HEAT loan. Tesla is part of this project. I used a MA Solar loan to install my 13.68 kW PV array but used an independent installer, who was great and inexpensive, and had no problem. I can’t believe that somehow Tesla would be an impediment to you getting a Solar loan, there is no other way to go. You may look at getting someone else to install.
  • edited November 2019
    Thank you Yermell.
    I was also surprised to hear that Tesla is not willing to participate in the state's Solar Program. In talks with a few financial companies. Thanks for your insight.
  • edited November 2019
    Not only are they willing. They are doing the paperwork. I'm getting large system with 2 powerwalls and Tesla is filing the paperwork for the Mass HEAT Loan which is available for that system size due to Powerwalls.
  • edited November -1
  • edited July 2
    I just recently found out that Tesla does not participate in the Mass solar loan program , which would have given me 0% financing for my system among other benefits.

Not sure why they would not want to participate in this program aside from the fact that it may cannibalize some of their solar lease business.

Going to contact mass CEC / DOER who administers the program and see if there is any way to get them to loan on a Tesla installed system.
  • > @ryan_98719676 said:
    > I just recently found out that Tesla does not participate in the Mass solar loan program , which would have given me 0% financing for my system among other benefits.
    >
    > Not sure why they would not want to participate in this program aside from the fact that it may cannibalize some of their solar lease business.
    >
    > Going to contact mass CEC / DOER who administers the program and see if there is any way to get them to loan on a Tesla installed system.

Did you get anywhere with this Ryan? I'm interested in solar panels in Mass as well, solar loan program would be great at 0% financing. Tesla is at 5.99 right now.