Model 3

Mach-E reveal is very entertaining :)

edited November -1 in Model 3
Tesla 3 enthusiasts will love the Mach-E reveal. I'm watching it now, and it's the best entertainment that I can remember in recent times.

Really!! :)

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Idris was and his family’s ties to Ford in the UK. Safe to say they don’t have a charismatic exec in the lot. It very much felt like a rebadged Tesla and touting what we’ve known about EVs’ advantages for some time as though they came up with it all on their own. It will introduce the concepts to a new cohort who chose to bury their heads for the last decade, so that’s a positive.
  • edited November 2019
    The group singing / dancing was very cringy.
  • Yep - As they went down the list of features & tech, I was mentally checking off the features I've had for 18 months on my Model 3. But hey, congratulations to Ford. Competition will push the entire EV industry forward.
  • edited November 2019
    Idris Elba begging people to clap reminded me of this:

• edited November 2019
    " It very much felt like a rebadged Tesla and touting what we’ve known about EVs’ advantages for some time as though they came up with it all on their own."@Bighorn
    ---
    Which is exactly why I found it entertaining :)
    Tesla's master plan working better than expected. That's good.
  • edited November 2019
    You could tell Bill and he were tight when Bill mispronounced Idris.
  • edited November 2019
    I wish them the best. Will only make Tesla and its products even better, and releases faster too, I suspect. More free performance upgrades? ;-)
  • edited November -1
    I did not care for the looks or lines of the Ford Mach-E. The front end reminds me of Edsel - - looks like it's sucking on a lemon. The back end reminds me a little of the Gremlin. I wasn't impressed - - looked like they stole the Model S interior layout. I was really confused when, at the end, they rolled out a couple of Mustang GTs. Which are they trying to roll-out? I thought this really detracted from the Mach-E, and sort of supports their less than whole-hearted effort to get big-time into the EV market.
  • edited November 2019
    Tesla cannot begin to produce enough EVs to meet demand. Some thoughts:

Please get your US charging together Ford. Ionity should cover EU decently.

Thanks Zeus this car won’t be delivered for another year.

How many are being made?

Terribly inefficient. 100KWh batter for 300 miles ain’t great.

OTAs sound good but ... we will see.

lanekeeping “soon”

Many people who have never considered an EV will consider this car. I hope it is available in all 50 states
  • edited November 2019
    That was awful. No car stuff and a lot of entertainment. Turned sound off and watched the ballgame. As soon as the MTV announcement was over went over to web site and put down a $500 deposit. Be fun to refine the order for end of 2020. Good timing for me.

Don’t know of any US made EV competitor for the small AWD wagons other than Ford and Tesla Kona/Niro EV from H/K are nice FWD wagons.
  • edited November -1
    Right..... so at least another year of you bashing Tesla....
  • edited November 2019
    For clarity, the Ford Mach E will be made in Mexico. But of course Ford is a US company.
  • edited November 2019
    I just don't understand that ^

But ok..
  • edited November -1
    Ok.. lbowroom and cascadiadesign - my comment wasn't for you :P
  • edited November 2019
    I figured
  • edited November 2019
    I like it. It’s less efficient than the gold standard, Tesla. But I like it.
  • edited November -1
    -@FishEV

Glad you found something you like in that reveal and placed an order. I must admit, I’m surprised you did because you tout range as the top EV metric, I think. The Mach-E ranges and efficiency appear to blow chucks compared to other EVs you can trade your Tesla for today. And, built in Mexico is not US. So, you abandoned your prime objectives of range and made in the US at the drop of an infomercial (hat)? “Really”?
  • edited November -1
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but how do the doors open?
  • edited November 2019
    I wonder how much energy does Mach E use for precondition? Bahahaha Fish, can't wait for you to go away for good.
  • edited November 2019
    They started on time or fairly close. Tesla could learn from this.

Overall the only issues I have with it is the name I'm sorry but a Mustang is a muscle car not a cross over, and charging speed.

I wonder if they will release how many reservations they get.

I haven't heard has Ford said how many they plan to make a year? Looks like Tesla might actually start getting some competition. As long as Ford is actually willing to make it in numbers I think it will be great for EVs.
  • edited November 2019
    Did they talk about pricing?
  • edited November 2019
    ” | I must admit, I’m surprised you did because you tout range as the top EV metric, I think. “

You don’t misremember. As recently as today he stated that range has always been the single most important metric on EVs. When asked if he’d trade range for payload, he declined to answer.
  • edited November 2019
    Looks like Tesla clone. I reserved a limited edition blue one for my wife. She doesn't want FSD and she loved the way it looked. I have to admit, the 2 screens is looking good.
  • edited November 2019
    The car is definitely not for me, but the sooner my kids can walk to school without inhaling a bunch of shit along the way, the better.
  • edited November 2019
    Pricing looks ok, but not for me.