Model S

Taycan delivery delayed ~10+ weeks

edited November -1 in Model S
https://insideevs.com/news/383171/porsche-taycan-delivery-delay/

"Taycan is our first fully electric sports car. The car is developed from scratch and manufactured in a brand new factory. All Porsche employees have worked with full pressure to start delivering Taycan as scheduled in January. Still, as a result of the enormous complexity surrounding the production of Taycan, we must report that unfortunately the delivery dates are somewhat delayed.

We currently expect delays of around eight to ten weeks, and a new production time for your car will be communicated through your seller as soon as this is ready. We strongly apologize and guarantee that we will do everything we can to deliver your Porsche Taycan as soon as possible."

Comments

• edited November -1
    strongly apologize?
  • edited November 2019
    Don’t call us, we’ll call you.
  • edited November 2019
    Sounds like Tesla, except EM never apologizes for anything.
  • edited November 2019
    He just says, eff you, I’m rich, I’ll say what I want and do what I want.
  • edited November 2019
    He just says, eff you, I’m rich, I’ll say what I want and do what I want.
  • edited November -1
    Considering the Mission-E/Taycan was announced back in September 2015, it seems Porsche is far slower than Tesla at well over 4 years. It looks like 2020 now before a single Taycan is delivered. Maybe making EVs isn't so easy after all.

Tesla Model S - Shown April-2009, delivered July-2012, and this was the first complete car Tesla ever made. I wonder why Porsche is so slow?

@nuke Elon has apologized many times for unexpected delays. I guess you don't listen very well. Never heard him make the quote you attribute to him. Can you identify where/when you heard it?
  • edited November -1
    I’m sensing some daddy issues.
  • edited November -1
    Nuke and Fish are feeling silly after heavy fluffing for Porsche
  • edited November -1
    The Mission E/Taycan unveiling happened about a year before Tesla unveiled the Model 3. And Porsche is supposed to have decades of car making experiences? That just tells how different the two companies are. Whatever the production problem Porsche is seeing now that will need ten weeks to fix Elon would just gather his people and tell them we'll do it together and get it fixed by next week.
  • edited November -1
    @TT, it’s not a quote, hence the lack of quotation marks. Maybe you don’t read very well. For someone who runs a business, you should be more tactful. I’m just a customer and observer here.
  • edited November 2019
    I would guess that the delays are because a company like Porsche cannot deliver beta vehicles, and they cannot hemorrhage cash like a startup can. It’s why startups like Amazon can put companies like Sears out of business. It’s the economics of it.
  • edited November -1
    You’re right, he apologizes for absolutely egregious statements that threaten his wealth, like the 420 tweet and accusing someone he’d never met of being a pedophile. Such a gentleman.
  • edited November 2019
    Oh, and if you read the article, “Apparently, it's not just Tesla that runs into early issues with production and delivery.”

And this was a letter to one Norwegian buyer, not the globe.

I guess you guys bag on Porsche so much because you’re scared that it may actually be a better car. Boohoo.
  • edited November 2019
    The 420 tweet being a lie that cost people millions of dollars, and a reference to addicts smoking pot after school. So nice.
  • edited November 2019
    TSLA near $360, shorties coming out to through around some extra FUD.
  • edited November 2019
    nuke: and the roadster 2.0 will blow the Taycan out of the water. Since we're comparing apples to oranges.
  • edited November -1
    @DRFLGD, it surely will in a drag race. The rest is yet to be seen. Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet. The "Plaid S" at the 'Ring was a race car not a car we can order. And don't forget the Roadster is $200k-$250k so it better be competitive with Taycan.
  • edited November -1
    "Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet."

What are your experiences with Porsche and Tesla? Many people on this board did have good experiences with both. Some have good reputation in the Porsche community too. We know how these cars handle, likely better than you do.
  • edited November -1
    Nuke is having a meltdown
  • edited November 2019
    "Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet."

Porsche has no experience in engineering an EV. I guess that means they must have a really poor car.

Silly statements both ways that mean nothing.
  • edited November -1
    Porsche has decades of high end automotive engineering, especially of world class sports cars. They have spent four years designing an EV. It’s likely to drive well. As we see, it has shortcomings in range, likely as a tradeoff for the performance standards they demand to meet. Not silly at all but keep trying, TT.
  • edited November 2019
    Also Tesla has put all their R&D into EV and autopilot tech so it’s fair that handling is not their forte.
  • edited November 2019
    And I never said Tesla is a really “poor” handling car. It’s just not up to the standards of a sport sedan in its price range or any sports car.
  • edited November 2019
    Nuke,
    Is "EV and autopilot tech" the easy part and "handling" is the hard part?
  • edited November 2019
    And now there’s a car that competes in that arena. That’s great. Very exciting. Unfortunately it’s very expensive. That’s a bummer. There will be more competition coming. It’s all good, as the kids say.