General

What Mr Musk DID NOT say but could have done.

edited November 2019 in General
Elon didn't use up his available time. He was not time constrained therefore.
But he was constrained.

He was constrained by the Chair, Ms Denholm. That is why she is Chair, it was a condition imposed by the court that the Chair constrain what Elon says which might affect the stock price.

EM did not explain how the design was affected by such things as the James Bond car, how many orders expected, where it will be built, if it is submersible, if it can fly.
You think I am silly? Watch this thread:

Comments

• edited November 2019
    The James Bond car:
    The Thai submarine was a prototype of proof of concept. This CYBRTRK is shaped like a landing craft. Think. Why use stainless steel? This thing is not designed to be the official Mars truck as he did say, but a corrosive environment fish. Perhaps he also took inspiration from FISHEV?
  • edited November -1
    Will it fly?
    There is an unspoken link there to the deLorean which flew. EM said the new Roadster might fly. So might pigs. But if it has the Roadster batteries and Plaid motors, jet thrusters a la Roadster, and NO PAINT to scorch, the similarity to a SpaceX product might appeal?
    Certainly would be handy to get out of a bog or up a cliff when used as a swimming landing craft.
  • edited November 2019
    Mr M did not say how many orders to expect, or how many units to break even. No, that would affect the stock and be like his usual targets which once said are used by Short media to hang him.
    What we do know: 146000 in 18 hours
    Now how many orders did the Mighty Ford Mustang e garner?
  • edited November 2019
    EM did not explain why the deposit is merely $100. Usually, always even, it is more. So they are chasing the numbers IMO. The deposit money goes into escrow anyway, so the higher deposits only limit orders.
  • edited November 2019
    EM did not give away what HP and torque figures to expect. So when they are announced the stock can build, rise,and of course the Shorts have no moving target there yet.
  • edited November 2019
    I don't recall mention of top speed. Do I now imagine an amphibious bullet proof landing craft "personnel carrier (his words)" approaching at 200 mph? Let's use Roadster numbers, or Plaid. How fast could a double stacked big burger like this really go?
  • edited November -1
    Why was the beginning of his intro about it being bullet proof? Why is it bullet proof? What did that feature cost me as a stock holder? Why does it need to be bullet proof PLUS not show the marks, but go on to another day and another altercation?
  • edited November -1
    How is that windshield so strong without being curved like on the Semi? Flat screens bend and break. We used to fit them to the Atkinson trucks we built.
  • edited November -1
    How is Tesla able to meet the 39900 price point? He could have said. Could have told how many $ saved by not painting, no chassis (it uses the body as an exoskeleton).
  • edited November 2019
    Now, that is odd. when the reservation page originally went up, it listed a top speed of 120. Just checked it and it no longer lists a top speed.
  • edited November -1
    He probably could have said more, but he seemed to be in shock about the broken windows. (Reporters say splintered or shattered, they just acted like bullet proof glass I guess.)
  • edited November 2019
    He could have said more about the ATV. Looks like it might be an option. Might they sell these?And how closely does it resemble being a baby of the TRK? Is that a secret? There are secrets in that there ATV. Can it fly? Is it a drone? How many HP does the little guy make? Since it takes juice from the mother ship, it can do that pretty often. Therefore it has a small battery. Ergo it is lightweight. It might just be the pig which flies.
    Remember Workhorse Nasdaq WKHS developed drone tec for last mile deliveries, and had a working helicopter in parallel with their truck devt. (They onsold the Surefly copter development recently for just $4million)
    (I am also stockholder in WKHS, thanks to tips from Silver here)
  • edited November 2019
    All deposits are $100. Solar roof reservation was $100
  • edited November -1
    I felt like he rushed it to be over because the windows broke and it totally f'ed his entire psychology.
  • edited November 2019
    Dafuq
  • edited November -1
    Why was there a need for that comment @MAB1980?
    Flagged
  • edited November 2019
    Hella conspiracies. Smh.
  • edited November 2019
    Is English your language?
  • edited November -1
    Nice one bro. Lolol
  • edited November 2019
    About the Bond submarine car, we know this:

1: EM has the car in his office taking pride of place.
    2: He paid over a million pounds or dollars for it, so he didnt just want it, he needed it.
    3: When it arrived he was disappointed to find it was only a prop, non-operational.
    4: He has this desire to make a Tesla car like that, which swims.
    5: The front of the C looks amenable to swimming.
    6: We haven't seen the underpan of the C.
    7: The C is made from Space grade SS.
    8: EM is impatient.
    9: There is history of various MS cars in flood waters. The batteries are sealed and the cars survived.
    10: He hgas described the C as a personnel carrier from the future, which is a military term. He therefore has leanings to supply the military. No 10 is a guess not a fact.
    Can we deduce that the first Tesla vehicle to swim will be the C?
  • edited November 2019
    11: A 'team' from his employ put together a mini submarine for the Thai cave rescue, like, overnight. What does this fact of having a team ready have to do with the C?
    Perhaps the team was already into proof of concept stage, they already had the Thai sub made, they miraculously produced it for the rescue. However it wasnt specced right for the cave, so WHAT was it specced for??

And EM gets all caught up in a web of "lies" about pedo guy, while protecting his research into subs.

Prove me wrong.
  • edited November -1
    I think someone missed their dose of meds.
  • edited November 2019
    What exactly r u trying to say ?
  • edited November 2019
    12: Many 4WDs/SUVs where I live in AUS have snorkels fitted showing that the owner has aspirations of fording deep streams. I guess 99% have never been in the water though.Of course the C will have been designed with waterproff battery packs and ability to at least wade. I suggest it will eventually be submersible. Do you remember the VW beetles in the 60s which floated around various harbours, like Sydney? The mods required were snorkelling, block the pedal holes and grease the doorseals.
  • edited November 2019
    The truck is a boat and/or spaceship ?