Model 3

2019.40.1.1 available, but can't load.

edited November -1 in Model 3
This version shows up on my phone as available, but when I click it I get an error message "No software update available".

I do see on the TeslaFi tracker that it is real and starting to go out. I don't know what is going on with mine.

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Same here. I got a notification of an available software update on my iPhone. Check the iPhone app and nothing showing. Go out to the car and check the software and says software is up to date. Very strange.
  • edited November 2019
    Be patient.
  • Yeah, I was never very good with patience. :)
  • edited November -1
    Happened to me with a prior update. It came back hours later, same day. It may have been pulled temporarily.
  • edited November 2019
    I was able to get it last night. It has automatic wiper improvements and "Mad Max" mode for more assertive automatic lane changes.
  • edited November 2019
    If this improves lane change assertiveness, that would be awesome. Eliminate the lag in initiating and make the change confidently.
  • edited November 2019
    Mine came with it. Yay!
  • edited November 2019
    Sarah R, feeling envy )
  • edited November 2019
    v2019.40.1.1 supposedly contains a feature to address an issue many, MANY owners have complained about. It has a new AI-based, neural network-driven, highly intricate program ... to make the damn wipers run correctly.

Not kidding. Tesla calls the new code “Deep Rain.”
  • edited November 2019
    Installing 40.1.1 now....
  • edited November 2019
    Installing too but it's been strange. It did the download, and I started the update... update seems slow... about 20 minutes into the update my phone asked if I wanted to install it, but it is installing. Checked the car, and it said it was about 1/3 done, and then it said 'updating autopilot'. Now, a few minutes later it says 'updating electronic control units'. Haven't seen that level of detail before on screen... meanwhile iPhone is still suggesting I install the update. Pretty crazy..
  • edited November 2019
    Deep Rain must be a play on "Deep Thought", I smell Easter Egg in this one.
  • edited November 2019
    Sweet. The auto wipers definitely haven't worked very well since I got the vehicle, but I figured it was just a matter of time until they improved it with an update. I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions about the updated wiper behavior.

Auto wipers on my old BMW X5 work poorly too, but I won't be holding my breath that BMW will ever fix them. Yay Tesla OTA updates.
  • edited November -1
    Just installed 40.1.1. Natec called it - improved wipers and lane changes in NOA.
  • edited November 2019
    According to Electrek, 40.1.1 also adds faster supercharging to some Model 3’s: https://electrek.co/2019/11/28/tesla-model-3-standard-range-plus-mid-range-get-major-charging-boost
  • edited November 2019
    You need a strong WiFi connection if it hasn’t already downloaded.
  • edited December 2019
    Did another wiper drive this morning and they work great. I also noticed voice command to "play" a song or artist is back to working for me.
  • edited December 2019
    @Magic - “ I also noticed voice command”

How do you notice a voice command ?
  • edited November -1
    I simply tried using the voice command that was previously not working and when it worked I noticed it actually worked.
  • edited December 2019
    I noticed this in the owner's manual:

Note: Software updates can not be performed
    when Dog Mode or Keep Climate On is active.
  • edited December 2019
    I don't think having Dog Mode or Climate is an issue with getting the OTA updates but having them on, Sentry Mode also, will prevent them from loading once received.
  • edited November -1
    I'm confused by the fact that I got a software update a few days ago, but when I got into the car the release notes were for the previous release. And now my vehicle says it's on 2019.36.2.3, but people are talking about the .40 release. Am I several releases behind or does it jump from .36 to .40?
  • edited December 2019
    Jumps from 36 to 40
    When notes are same as previous it’s a bug fix update.
  • edited November -1
    @silver According to teslafi, today most people are still on 36.2.1, and most who are receiving updates are being updated to 36.2.3, with a few being updated to 40.1 and 36.2.1.

Any particular car may be one of the first to receive one update, one of the last to receive another, and may skip certain updates along the way. A little confusion about it is understandable, but not being on the very highest revision number is no cause for worry.
  • edited December 2019
    So other than the super charge benny, .40 only really applies to those with FSD?