General

The Game Changers

edited December 2019 in General
So meat is to artery inflammation what smoking is to lung cancer

Probably one of the best documentary of 2019

Comments

• edited November -1
    You most of the time, create more problems taking medicine to cover up symptoms rather than address the root cause
  • edited December 2019
    Lulz, I have been wondering about flu shots the past few years. Do they do some people more harm than good? Do they weaken our immune system ?
  • edited December 2019
    Try Impossible burger. It’s actually quite good.

100% plant based, but with ‘heme’ that really gives it a meaty flavor.

I really love the taste of good steak, but I’ve changed my habits these days.

Cattle production has such a whopping CO2 signature, I decided to dial down consumption.

I was surprised to find that I just feel better physically too.
  • edited December 2019
    @M8B: no and no
    Their efficacy is sometimes pretty bad because it’s best guess at the upcoming flu season
    But they cause no harm
  • edited November -1
    @M8B: no and no
    Their efficacy is sometimes pretty bad because it’s best guess at the upcoming flu season
    But they cause no harm
  • edited December 2019
    "But they cause no harm"

they dont have any harmful side effects for some?
  • edited December 2019
    nope
  • edited December 2019
    lol
  • edited December 2019
    my arm hurt a bit at the injection site the next day
  • edited December 2019
    ah you're not considering people who have actual reactions to it
  • edited December 2019
    such as?
  • edited December 2019
    people die from aspirin
  • edited December 2019
    @Mark K "Try Impossible burger. It’s actually quite good. 100% plant based, but with ‘heme’ that really gives it a meaty flavor."

Unfortunately, the artificial meats are higher in saturated fat than real meat.

Compared to a same-sized beef patty, an Impossible Burger contains a comparable amount of calories (240 to 260), but it scores lower in a few regards. The first is that it contains way less protein — 19 grams versus 28 grams — which may make it less filling, London says.

"The bigger downside of the Impossible Burger is that it’s also 2 grams higher in saturated fat, likely because of the coconut oil that's added," she adds. "Coconut oil contains the highest saturated fat content of any plant-based oil, despite its super 'health halo.'"

The Impossible Burger also contains a lot more sodium — about 15% of your recommended value, compared to just 4% in plain beef.

Source: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/a27286383/impossible-burger/
  • edited December 2019
    “So meat is to artery inflammation what smoking is to lung cancer”
    That statement is 100% incorrect. If meat were unhealthy then humans would have gone extinct 500,000 years ago. that documentary is complete and utter garbage packaged As fact by a group with a left wing political agenda. You need to watch better documentaries.
  • edited November -1
    @Neo. Neanderthals lived to an average age of 37. And all those populations are far less food than us including meat and exercised more.
  • edited November -1
    Well I didn’t have time to go through all the articles they cite in the documentary yet but I will have to take a look at the litterature because saying it is utterly garbage.

And chronic artery inflammation will make you have a heart attack at 55 instead of 85 so it would have literally no effect on an evolution stand point since the prime of reproduction is between 18 to 35. So you cannot day humans would have gone instinct since it been only post antibiotic era that we live past 50 as an average
  • edited December 2019
    *before

Terrible French autocorrect keyboard
  • edited December 2019
    People Eating Tasty Animals and smoking big fat Cohibas. Life is good thanks...
  • edited December 2019
    And blowing snow why not
  • edited December 2019
    .... how is this relative to Tesla, EVs, or clean energy? Better suited to a vegan health forum.
  • edited November -1
    EVs and Veganism have the same overall result for the planet

Decrease of greenhouse gas

And do you think I’m going to subscribe to a food health forum?
  • edited December 2019
    impossible burger is good
    but more expensve than meat
    I dont think it will ever catch on if that remains the case
  • edited December 2019
    You're kind of spending more money on less nutrition.
  • edited December 2019
    I could make 4 gallons of split pea vegetable soup for the price of 2 burgers.
  • edited December 2019
    Don’t buy gas
    Don’t buy meat
    Don’t buy plane tickets

Life is easy