Model 3

2019.40.50.1 Not Responding To Voice Commands

edited November -1 in Model 3
A few posts already on this subject. Bottom line is after the update, the car hears my voice when I push the button and speak but it's not responding and typing anything I ask in a command. Hope the bug fix comes soon. Never had this issue the moment a new release happened.

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Same here. After update voice commands don't work. Soft, hard reboot didn't help.
  • edited December 2019
    My voice commands stopped working in anything, but typing in the media function. I have soft rebooted twice. Any suggestions?
  • edited December 2019
    +1
  • With all the voice command issues, There better be a 40.50.2 soon
  • edited December 2019
    hey the bright side in all of this is that it's happening to all of us....so as Lonestar10_1999 said it better be fixed soon....it would be one thing if we never had any voice command but now they took away what we had before with this update.
  • edited December 2019
    I’m seeing the same thing. Seems to work better when not driving.....
  • edited November -1
    Let me go to garage and check it out if it started to work
  • edited December 2019
    Are you enabling the mic (tap it), prior to doing the command?
  • edited December 2019
    Did a couple of hard reboots, which restored a few functions: open glove box for one; open trunk came back as “open true” and then a notice that this command is not setup yet.
  • edited December 2019
    I just picked my 2020 M3 up today (hooray!) and then got this update when I got home and connected to my wifi. Went to take the wife out for a spin to show off the new wheels and tech to be cock blocked by the voice commands not working.

They worked fine when I was picking the car up, and on the way home, but after the car rebooted from getting this latest firmware update all voice commands have stopped working.

I've tried a soft reboot, a hard reboot, different commands, sitting still in my driveway, driving, door open, door closed, etc. to no avail.

Hopefully a fix gets pushed soon... it sucks to have a brand spankin' new car that doesn't work right.
  • edited November -1
    No new voice command works (Italian language), while play "some artist" already worked in previous versions
  • edited December 2019
    +1 voice commands toast. Also not picking up traffic lights nor stop signs etc
  • edited November -1
    or0b0to, drive the car some and put some miles, it is still learning. 100 - 200 miles is best to get everything calibrated.
  • edited December 2019
    It’s still using the server for voice recognition so I wonder if everyone getting the update today and testing it out has really increased the load on their server. My voice commands work, but maybe only one in every three tried.
  • edited December 2019
    @apodbdrs

right on man, it did take most of the drive home for the cameras to calibrate so I could use autopilot, but the Voice Commands are, I believe, a different issue.

All of the voice commands worked flawlessly when I picked the car up... it was on 2019.39.something... then when I got home on wifi 2019.40.50.1 was pushed as an update and since then *zero* voice commands work.

It acts like it can hear me (I can see the green circle pulsating when I speak) but then it just sits there with no activity or recognition of the commands spoken. No text appears on the screen, nothing.

I'm pretty sure it is directly related to this firmware update, especially now that I'm finding other people on these forums having similar issues.

LOVE the car besides this one snafu.
  • edited December 2019
    I think you are right about servers overload. I said open glove box and waited for about 30 secs for it to write what I said and then open glove box
  • edited December 2019
    I think you are right about servers overload. I said open glove box and waited for about 30 secs for it to write what I said and then open glove box
  • edited December 2019
    It was working from me earlier. But I tried again when I got home... and nothing. Does not recognize voice at all. Maybe it is the server like dj says.
  • edited November -1
    Not sure if this is related. Since I posted this topic I also went out to my car to login to myYoutube channel and it won't let me sign in. Tells me the server I'm using isn't able to display or something like that. I put a call in to the service center and the guy there said they are well aware of the no voice command issue and we might see a bug fix as early as tonight but should not be later than tomorrow. Getting back to the Youtube issue....has anyone else had this happen to them and if so did you fix the problem (and how if you got it working). Thanks.
  • edited November -1
    Okay, I finally got 40.50.1. Still have hardware 2.5. It took a couple hours to download and then about 30 minutes to install. Internet has been slow around here since yesterday (holidays suck bandwith away). Voice commands do seem flakey but seem to get better the longer I play with them (I wonder if there is some calibration/learning going on). So far I have turned on and off seat heaters, rear camera show me/turn off, and opened glovebox.

They do work, which is very cool (always fun to seen new functions), and I love seeing the potential. Most have gone through updates that needed improvement and they have not failed to deliver yet, hang in there.
  • Maybe since the release notes say that the car now speaks Dinish we should try saying Åbn handskeskabet to open the glove box
  • ^Danish^
  • edited December 2019
    I’m having the voice command issue, but I have a second issue, adjusting the volume does nothing for me. I see the volume indicator changing, but the volume of the music (doesn’t matter the source: radio, slacker, Bluetooth) does not actually change. I have tried multiple soft and hard reboots. Am hoping if the car goes into a deep sleep, it might fix
  • edited December 2019
    I’m having the voice command issue, but I have a second issue, adjusting the volume does nothing for me. I see the volume indicator changing, but the volume of the music (doesn’t matter the source: radio, slacker, Bluetooth) does not actually change. I have tried multiple soft and hard reboots. Am hoping if the car goes into a deep sleep, it might fix
  • Tdwin- the YouTube bug may be the browser issue that affected me and others. See my recent post on a work around.

Basically you browse to Plex.tv and sign in with the Google authentication. After that, all the Google apps will recognize you.