General

Unexpected acceleration claim process?

Comments

• edited January 22
    @rafamis: If you are not Brian Sparks, you have not been called a short seller by Elon Musk.
  • edited January 22
    I’m sure all short sellers feel like they’re being called out.
  • edited January 22
    @kaffine

Car is still in the shop, draining battery. No logs
  • edited January 22
    lol at the poster posting something from Tesla to disprove these events. That’s like asking the White House if Trump has ever lied.

Hey. We all know Tesla is perfect and nothing ever goes wrong with their cars. If you point anything out, you’re a troll or a short. Don’t mess with the cult.
  • edited January 22
    The logs will show that you hit the accelerator. To assert otherwise would mean that two independent sensor systems, which read the accelerator's position in opposing modes and will cut power to the powertrain if there is any discrepancy in their readings, simultaneously failed in such a way that is consistent with you pressing the accelerator. I have a better chance of finding the Loch Ness monster in my bathtub.

You are literally the textbook definition of someone suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect. The irony of you calling every other person here a "Dunning Krugger [sic]" is nothing short of comedic gold.
  • edited January 22
    There is a fine line between trying to correlate "other AC/DC inverters" and Teslas vehicles. One is anecdotal, and the other has data logs that have been confirmed/verified with NHTSA.

No one on these forums is going to believe things that someone says when they are objectively incorrect of this nature. So i really dont understand why people are still doing this.
  • edited January 22
    @andy.conner.e - Why do people believe that their car did in fact accelerate without their input? Because nobody wants to admit that they messed up and always have to blame it on someone/something else.
  • edited January 22
    its always someone/something elses fault
  • edited January 23
    We’ll let’s post something not from Tesla. This guy seems to know what he’s talking about.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-hacker-debunks-sudden-unintended-acceleration-claims/
  • edited January 23
    This is a common memory distortion. You are remembering what you want to remember to avoid feeling like you screwed up.
  • edited January 23
    @GoldAK47

The only one around here giving "false info" is YOU!

Go away FUD'ster
  • edited January 23
    @efuseakay

It's not a "cult", the NHTSA verified Tesla's account of the incident once they, themselves (the NHTSA), validated Tesla's account after they reviewed the recorded data so...

Yet another FUD'ster busted.
  • edited November -1
    I watched the show 'Brain Games' that was on National Geographic the other night and there was a part of the show when Blue Man Group came out, and a guy in a Panda suit was carrying a fire extinguisher and a guy in a Zebra suit came out with a leaf blower. The host kept saying throughout the show that a guy in a lion suit was there and later in the show he asked people if there was a guy in a lion suit, and many people agreed that there was even though it never happened.

The issue with UAC is like this. People remember what they want to remember, not the facts. And just because someone says something over and over again does not make it true.
  • edited January 23
    "People remember what they want to remember, not the facts. And just because someone says something over and over again does not make it true."

+2
  • edited January 23
    @reed & @andy - Yep. Someone tell Darth too...
  • edited January 23
    cant convince a robot
  • edited January 23
    @reed_lewis

It's like these FUD'sters have watched that "Wizard of Oz" movie a few too many times where 'Dorothy' is clicking the heels of her 'ruby red slippers' together while wistfully wishing for there to be "no place like home, there's no place like home...", and think that the same will happen for them as they repeat their BS over and over again while believing it to be true (or hoping that others will come to believe it).

A truly sad shape the world is in these days.
  • edited February 5
    WTF is a FUDster? [Fear Uncertainty and Doubt] -er ???

In any case, 30 days since the incident, and 3 calls later, I am still waiting for Tesla to actively get back to me.

They're still claiming my "case is still open and under review".

They also *somehow* neglected to advise that I can request my data logs through "https://www.tesla.com/support/privacy" for free, so I don't have to fork up the $1200.00 for the data download EDR kit here https://www.crashdatagroup.com/tesla-edr-kit/. Tesla support just pisses me off. It's like they steal apple's worst 'genius bar' (NOT) CSA's.

Well, the car is back from the shop, all shiny and with a slightly misaligned hood... so its going back. If I had to pay $100 on top of my deductible for 'dry goods', the job might as well be perfect.

Logs requested. More to come as long as Tesla does not censor me.
  • edited February 6
    " 30 days since the incident, and 3 calls later, I am still waiting for Tesla to actively get back to me.

They're still claiming my "case is still open and under review". "

Which is it, Tesla is not getting back to you or Tesla is still claiming? It's doing one or the other, it can't be doing both.
  • edited February 6
    @rafamis: everyone knows Tesla will pull the logs for you. That’s how they disprove the SUA claims.

As long as we’re complaining about companies *somehow* not mentioning Tesla will pull logs, why didn’t that company that sells overpriced $1200 software mention it?
  • edited February 21
    @Yodrak: I would think it's quite obvious that Tesla never bothered to call ME, and I had to call THEM, only to be told the review was pending. It's clearly mentioned in my posts they promised to call "within a couple weeks".

@Kaffine
    Near 2 months after the incident, I call again. They promise to call back before EOD, which they do. And I did thank the CSA, letting him know it's the 1st time someone from Tesla delivers on their promise to call back.
    In any case, they claim the accelerator was being depressed (See main post Edit #3). Promised logs not yet provided, 4 hrs after I hung up...
  • edited February 22
    rafamis | February 4, 2020
    "They also *somehow* neglected to advise that I can request my data logs through "https://www.tesla.com/support/privacy" for free"

Nope, looks like Tesla advised you right there on that linked privacy page for all to see! Sorry they didn't hold your hand.
  • edited February 22
    @rafamis

"Nope, looks like Tesla advised you right there on that linked privacy page for all to see! Sorry they didn't hold your hand."

https://tenor.com/4syd.gif

+1 @derotam
  • edited February 22
    "SACRILEGE !!! Don't you DARE speak ILL of TESLA" ! "You BLASPHEMOUS UNBELIEVER !"

That's all I read when people come here to fanpost, thinking they're all witty.

https://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/BGR_News/tesla-fanboy.jpg