General

Unexpected acceleration claim process?

Comments

• edited February 22
    You put yourself out there, what with all of the whining you've done in this thread, then went on to bust yourself out and now you're being all pissy...

http://thumbs.gfycat.com/ContentImperfectAnkole-small.gif
  • edited February 22
    @blue adept

https://i.imgflip.com/2tc6qc.jpg

The original purpose of the thread was to get tips on how to navigate a claim on SUA. I knew it would attract a ton of idiot DK trolls. Still, I trust some of you will find the account useful when you are forced to remove your collective feet from your mouths after any of your vehicles malfunction the way mine did. Hopefully you won't be too dead to learn something about empathy or impartiality.
  • edited February 22
    You're the one who stuck their foot in their mouth, or aren't you aware that that's exactly what happened when you posted the liked privacy page showing that Tesla did, indeed, advise you that you could obtain your data logs for free after you started this thread whining about having to purchase a $1,200 "harness kit" to download them yourself.

You are your own worst enemy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10rkO8xD1dQB0s/giphy.gif
  • edited November -1
    Please tell us what the logs say. If you don’t respond with that information, then we will have our answer.
  • edited February 22
    @rafamis: I only had a problem with you thinking that it was Tesla's duty to inform you specifically about something that they already have in their privacy statement that is posted.

It doesn't guarantee EDR data either, only if Tesla captured it and had it sent to their servers.
  • edited February 22
    You can play the OMG they didn't specifically tell me that "THAT" wasn't covered on the warranty, even though it is stated in the warranty documentation. Yes that is just an analogy to be clear.
  • edited November -1
    @stingray.don

I am nothing if not transparent. I have already posted that Tesla service claimed the logs were reviewed, and indicated "the accelerator was depressed".

Still, no logs or written response to my case have been provided. I'll ask the Mt. Kisco shop again on Tuesday (that will be my 5th call to them). If /when I receive the logs or at least a written answer, I'll post somewhere (to the extent it does not expose any PII info), and link within the original top post.

I'll take a page from Anderson Cooper, and ignore posts from DK troll loudmouths looking to pick a fight with nonsense logic arguments Attempting to educate the unwilling does nothing but add to an already cluttered post.
  • edited February 23
    I am nothing if not transparent. I have already posted that Tesla service claimed the logs were reviewed, and indicated "the accelerator was depressed".

My apologies, I didn’t realize Tesla had already determined the accelerator was pressed.
  • edited February 23
    @rafamis

Wait a minute...

>>> "Trolls and gullible fandom who think the only way unexpected acceleration may happen is by stepping on the accelerator are welcome to stay away or go celebrate their infantile lack of intellect within their own threads."

So now you're admitting that it actually was 'user error' / YOU who wrecked YOUR car after starting this whole thread bitching about how the car malfunctioned and that Tesla wasn't pandering to your demands and anyone who doubted YOUR version of YOUR story shouldn't even bother?!

https://images.taboola.com/taboola/image/fetch/f_jpg,q_80,c_fill,g_face,e_sharpen/http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2015/02/12/102421820-461496148.600x400.jpg

The only common denominator in this whole ordeal is YOU ergo you are, indeed, YOUR own worst enemy, but thanks for sharing your incompetence with us...It's been a laugh.
  • edited February 23
    We know that Tesla will accelerate and brake unexpectedly when in adaptive cruise so it's a real safety issue for Tesla.
  • edited February 23
    "We know that Tesla will accelerate and brake unexpectedly when in adaptive cruise ..."

When using the adaptive cruise control we know very well that the Tesla is going to accelerate or brake in response to the vehicle in front of it. Nothing unexpected, and more to the point not the situation that the OP experienced.
  • edited February 24
    @Yodrak

FISHEV may be referring to my previous comments, where another poster suggested my cruise control might have been ON when the SUA happened. Unfortunately there is so much brainless noise in between helpful posts, it's hard keep track.

I'm pretty sure TACC was left ON, though not in use, as I was driving less than 18 MPH in the parking lot. When Tesla delivers the requested logs, I should be able to ascertain. The theory right now is that a possible glitch in TACC may be causing vehicles to unexpectedly Resume Cruise speed while pulling into a parking spot.

I'm eagerly awaiting the promised logs to find out if there is sensor measurement on accelerator pressure percentage. If I see numbers beyond 10% or so during the event DateTime, I would surmise the sensor recording was inaccurate, possibly as a side effect ow whatever abnormal condition caused the computer to fully accelerate while I was actually releasing pressure from the pedal.

In any case, It would be up to the NHTSA to find out why the vehicle malfunctioned. They have contacted me and requested as much empirical data as I am able to provide, which would exclude any opinions (mine or otherwise) on what might have caused the car to fully accelerate in a situation where experienced drivers would not floor the pedal.
  • edited February 24
    Ohh, and just so everyone knows, that whole you can get the data for free from Tesla "is only supported for vehicle registrants of the European Union, or if in the United States, in California."
  • edited February 24
    @derotam

Disregarding your previous statements which can be interpreted as contradicting your last, care to provide the source link for that bit ?

I did not receive any notification from Tesla rejecting my logs request. That said, given that they were also intentionally vague on this "Access to this feature varies by country and region"... I cannot refute (or confirm) your last statement. If it is correct though, I would say that takes their support NPS to a new low.
  • edited February 25
    If the accelerator was depressed, maybe it wanted to commit suicide.
  • edited February 25
    Rafamis: if you asked for the info and are not in the E.U. or California you would know....email from Tesla, in part "Access to the feature you have inquired about is only supported for vehicle registrants of the European Union, or if in the United States, in California."
  • edited February 25
    Let me rephrase, if you had asked for the info in January, you probably would have had an answer by now, since they put a 30 day timeframe on responding.
  • edited February 25
    It’s not SUA. Let’s call it what it is: GUA “Gradual Unintended Acceleration”, as in “Oh, TACC is engaged, so the car gradually begins to return to its set speed”

Still operator error, either way. Logs will show it, as they have every time in the past.
  • edited February 26
    If TACC was engaged, the Tesla would slow and stop as it turned into the parking space and saw the parked car in front of it.

On the other had, when approaching a parking space and preparing to turn in, how may people don't touch the brake pedal to pull in at a really slow speed (even though they may be going fairly slow already and have regenerative braking working in their side?). And wouldn't touching the brake pedal turn off TACC? Answer: Yes, unless the pedal that was touched wasn't the brake pedal.
  • edited February 26
    @rafamis

I can only hope that you do not misunderstand our intent as it is unfortunate that you've managed to wreck your car, much the same as it is unfortunate for anyone to wreck any car, and we empathize with your discontent over the matter, sarafim.

It is equally unfortunate that you've taken it upon yourself to bring your aggravation over your misfortune here, the place well recognized as being the mother site of Tesla Motors itself, apparently because you felt that you weren't getting enough attention or as expeditious of a response from Tesla itself that you felt you deserved and thought that airing your frustrations in this public forum would garner you more of the attention you seek which, all things considered, it has, though just not in the form you would've preferred, apparently.

The bottom line nonetheless still remains that the fact of the matter is that 99.999 & 9 tenths percent of the time the fault in an accident involving a Tesla automobile is solely attributable to "user error" / the driver themselves with the final remaining 1 tenth, ultimately, being resolved as the result of the car simply doing what the driver had programmed it to do, so you're right back to 'user error' again.

Again, apologies for your misfortune, but it would be much appreciated if you could manage to place the blame where it actually belongs instead of demonizing Tesla Motors because you're unable to accept the responsibility for your own actions...Just think of it as "adulting" and a natural part of personal growth.

;-)
  • edited February 27
    Status update for those genuinely interested in the topic, and not wearing a voluntary blindfold, demanding Holy Tesla not be accused of failure or wrongdoing, which evidently triggers them.

Mt Kisco Tesla replied immediately after I wrote them. Kudos to the manager there. I will give these guys a 10 NPS if surveyed, (Tesla corporate would get a 3 though),

No knowledge on why the logs I requested have not been made available. Evidently, biased sources in this forum cannot be trusted to provide official links to support their claims on log UN-availability.

"-- only supported for vehicle registrants of the European Union, or if in the United States, in California."

The actual text found buried within the FAQs in the previously mentioned, also "buried-so-deep-links-cant-be-found" support/privacy page, reads :

"For certain applicable regions and countries (e.g., United States) which mandate the use of an Event Data Recorder, this information will be included as part of your standard data privacy request. If included based on your region, this industry-standard EDR file can be used to generate an EDR report by going to edr.tesla.com, navigating to Generate a Report (you may be prompted to log in to your Tesla Account), and uploading the file you wish to convert. If there is no EDR file provided, and you think there should be one, please contact us or visit edr.tesla.com for steps on ordering the necessary cables to extract EDR data from your vehicle manually."

Tesla corporate is keeping it vague, even to their own branch management.

Mt Kisko promises to do the next best option available;

"I’ve requested the written summary of the engineering review from your incident. Once I have this I will email it to you, this may take a couple of weeks for me to receive."

Next update coming within a couple weeks, I guess...
  • edited February 27
    @rafamis: sorry you don't want to believe that I got an email stating as such, which is what I said when I posted last... here is a screenshot of the email if you want. https://imgur.com/a/MZspGtC
  • edited February 27
    @derotam

That email screenshot is actually helpful, and your previous post merits an answer. I received no confirmation email when I used the log request form a few weeks back. The image below shows all emails received from Tesla since the SUA event. Clearly, Tesla is moving things around, and it would seem it's for the better. My confirmation email reads quite differently.

I retried the submission today, and received an email confirmation message. I was concerned about the lack of vehicle results on the request page. I just captured multiple screens showing the process, and the outcome.

https://i.ibb.co/k4Mc2xK/Tesla-Capture.jpg

Once again, I've been following the process, and providing a honest and transparent account of the facts.
  • edited March 2
    @blue adept

...Aaaaaaannnnd NOPE. Tesla continues to be vague and shady as hell. Same final result. They will not provide the logs they vaguely advertise. Still waiting for the service manager to come thru.

https://i.ibb.co/mzgrw68/Tesla-Capture2.jpg