Model X

Locked out of Model X

edited November -1 in Model X
I just returned from a week away and tried to get into my Model X...It did not recognize the key fob and the Mobile App (iOS) gave "Vehicle connection Error". I had plugged in the car charger before I left so charging shouldn't be the issue. I have tried the unlocking when the key does not work" described in the user manual (position the key at the bottom of the door pillar between the front and the falcon wing door on the driver side). Also tried replacing the key fob battery..still no luck! How can I unlock the car? Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• edited November -1
    You can unlock it from the app.
  • edited November -1
    Sounds like it could be the 12v battery might be dead or drained. You can pop the frunk using a 9v battery on the front access port connectors and then add a 12v charge to the battery and that might enable you to open doors. never happened to me but I have seen videos about this happening.
  • edited January 8
    oops the 9 voit works on model 3 not X my mistake. little more complicated with X
  • edited November -1
    Search on videos to open frunk on model X with dead 12v battery .
  • edited January 8
    Assuming the vehicle has Internet connectivity, ownership support can attempt to query and unlock...

1-877-79(TESLA)
  • edited January 25
    Have a model S and a model X. Wife's S got sideswiped and took it for repairs. Repair shop insisted we deactivate the Mobil Access feature. Did so and then my app began showing Mobil Access for my model X. Got my wifes car back, but upon reactivating her Mobil Access, mine is still locked out. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck. Any suggestions?
  • edited January 25
    Sorry- Mobil Access for my X began being denied and wont reactivate.
  • edited January 29
    You can get to the 12v battery by removing the front tow hook access panel and pulling the red cords which will be visible, pull the cords and the front trunk will open. Remove the large trunk trim panel and the battery will be visible.
  • edited January 29
    This happen to me on a trip back in September. Had the X towed to the service center. It took a week to determine it was the antenna / receiver in the vehicle burned out.