General

How does an owner get help with his new car?

edited November -1 in General
I have had a new Model 3 for about a month now. Every time I have a question, I look first in the fabulous online Owners Manual, which answers most of the obvious questions. Today, I needed to know the correct torque setting for tightening lug nuts because I bought a set of wheel locks from Tesla. Of course there was no information with the locknuts.

I have tried calling the Customer Service line, the Roadside Assistance line, and two different local customer service locations. Every time I get caught in an endless loop with the charming lady computer repeatedly offering the same options until I give up and when I don't press the number quickly enough, she says "goodby."

I love the car, but all affection I had for the company is being quickly squandered.

Any suggestions? Maybe Chilton will publish a service manual someday.

Comments

• edited January 14
    This is a very good place to start...

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/how-use-your-tesla-and-forum

or go right to the source.

https://teslatap.com/
  • edited January 14
    Congrats on your 3 Dan-

I’m guessing you posted your question in the model 3 forum? I would have thought something like that would be in the manual (or come with the locknuts?).

In addition to the TeslaTap site there’s the TMC forums (Tesla Motor Club I believe). I’m not on that one but lots of people here post links from there in answer to questions here.

Also, I don’t know if this has the specific info you’re looking for now but on this page-

https://www.tesla.com/support

There’s a bunch of links that are useful, the ‘Do it yourself’ guides are handy too.

My experience with asking questions to Tesla via my car’s webpage has been good. I did get answers, sometimes they take a week or so though. My bet would be that someone here or on TMC will give you the correct info more quickly than through the site.
  • edited January 14
    You made this post on a thread in Model 3 section. See manual page 182, or see the comments provided for you from helpful forum members. Do not call Tesla because you did not use the CTRL+F function and search for key words in the manual.
  • edited January 14
    Very easy piece of information to find.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tesla+model+3+wheel+torque
  • edited January 15
    It takes 10x more effort to post here on the forums (multiple times!) than it does to google a five-word question
  • edited January 15
    He had time to call Tesla multiple times though
  • edited January 15
    130 ft lbs.
  • edited November -1
    You are generally safe with 110-140 foot pounds for just about any car.
  • edited January 18
    I do not know how to post a new subject on the forum. I have not been on the forum in years. I have had a model S since July, 2016. I never had an issue with dealing with service. UNTIL NOW.
    I am in Orange County, CA. I scheduled an appointment through the mobile app. Mobile service was supposed to be to my office between 2:30 and 4:30. It is now past 5. I have received no contact from Tesla. I can't get through to a live person. Does anyone no a solution to my problem?
    At this point, I am planning on drive to the Cost Mesa service tomorrow morning.
  • edited January 18
    I dont understand how people claim to have such a tooth pulling experience with contacting Tesla. I literally just called them today to ask a question about the solar roof and i got through to someone after answering 2 menu items. That person even transferred me to the department that handles the roof.
  • edited January 18
    What phone number did you call? Also, you are talking about solar - not service..
  • edited January 18
    Sorry, solar roof. Ok. But, what number did you call to get through?
  • edited November -1
    I went to manage my reservation and at the bottom was this number for Tesla Experience.

(877) 571-7652
  • edited January 18
    my experience
    its quite easy to get in touch of sales
    service is another question......

fwiw
    happy MX and M3 owner
  • edited January 18
    i see the difference
  • edited November -1
    Thank you Andy. The number you provided is actually for Solar. But, they, like you said, got me to the vehicle service, and I got the help I needed. I did ask the person who helped me what their number was. He gave me 877-798-3752. That is roadside service number - which is supposed to be for emergency service. But, they helped get my service issue handled. Take this as something to consider when not getting help from service. Thanks again.
  • edited November -1
    glad you could get help