Model S

Feature request

edited November -1 in Model S
Hi,

How do we do a feature request?

Like, will be nice to have an option for humide weather to avoid mist in the windshield. When setting up "auto" air is recycled. In winter here we cary lot of snow into the car (under ths shoes) and therefore it's very humide and we have to manually re-mist the windshield every 10 minutes. Might be nice to have an option to do alternate de-mist still in auto mode...

etc. ;)

Thanks,

JMS

Comments

• edited January 15
    So that would require a barometer in the car that is connected to the car's computer. In other words, not happening via an OTA update.
  • edited November -1
    A barometer registers air pressure. Air pressure is a parameter in calculating humidity but it is one of several.....now humidity can be measured directly...anyway it is correct that a humidistat is hardware and not software. Misting of the windshield can be detected with the cameras and periodic automatic demisting could be done with software
  • edited January 16
    @Jean-Marc: To submit a feature request, contact Tesla directly using the Contact link below. Tesla doesn’t officially monitor these forums.
  • edited January 16
    Earlier models do no have cameras.
  • edited January 16
    Do not
  • edited November -1
    @EVRider thanks. I will do that.

I don'T need any other sensor. Just a button so say "alternate". Which can even be a slider where I can say between 0% (all inside air) and 100% (all outiside air). This can be done 100% OTA.
  • edited January 16
    You can also go here, then sign up and add any suggestions you may have:

https://teslatap.com/questions/
  • edited January 16
    A feature request: iTunes streaming.
  • edited January 18
    When listening to the radio, display the song playing and artist. This is available on many other cars. Would also like the ability to give the station names instead of just the frequency number. I bought a used Telsa and one station shows a graphic for a station that is not the one I am listening to. I would like to be able to change it.
  • edited January 18
    jimktrains, there are also a lot of features on Teslas that are not on many other cars......

I personally never understood the need to have album art when a song is playing.
  • edited January 18
    submarine mode
    I want submarine mode
  • edited November -1
    I want a force field.
  • edited January 19
    Add “Service Appointment” app in car, when ‘12v needs service’ error comes up, it allows me to pick the open times for SC appointment via link to local service center server.
  • Automatic volume leveling based on speed and ambient noise.
  • edited January 19
    Musk was looking for suggestions yesterday.
  • Legacy FSD retrofit kits. I'm willing to pay for the FSD hardware and software upgrade kit myself (2014 P85+). I love my car. Eventually, would love Tesla retrofit kits for all cars to one standard FSD. Imagine how it would simplify updates! Imagine, software and hardware updates.... Imagine, the universal Tesla wiring harness and operating standard backbone..... Transportable to any EV.... With individual fully tunable attributes.... Semi, dune buggy, pickup, suv, roadster, van, atv, bucket loader, aircraft. A universal neural network for devices!
  • edited January 20
    When is the "courtesy" bell/horn being added to the Model S? I had one on my 2011 Volt which warned pedestrians in parking lots, bicyclists everywhere, joggers on back roads and wheel chairs out for a ride.

I heard from a tech at Seattle Service Center that this features was on the horizon. Is that true? If so, when is it coming via software download? My email is [email protected]
  • edited January 20
    It was a hardware update requirement which began in Sept. External speakers can’t be updated OTA.
  • edited January 20
    Betsy, wanna horn? http://ev-cpo.com/horn.php