Model 3

Massive price increase at Ionity Fastchargers Europe per 31.01.2020

edited November -1 in Model 3
For those of you who also occasionally use the Fastchargers of Ionity in Europe, be aware that a massive price increase has just been announced per 31.01.2020.
From formerly 8€ per charge, you know have to cough up 0,79€ per KWh.
https://ionity.eu/_Resources/Persistent/a7c7cece094e15da7bfc2864a74e62b51c8d829a/_20200116_IONITY_PRICING_EN_.pdf

Comments

• edited November -1
    Holy Cow. That is insane.
  • edited January 17
    They are like gas stations right beside rental car returns. Nobody who has a choice would ever buy from them.
  • edited January 17
    One just had to look at who owns them and realize this is just the owners keeping the thumb on scale to preserve sales of new ICE vehicles.

Geee... Look, it costs more than gas. Nothing to see here, see how comfortable this coal roller is with all the latest 1950's technology.
  • edited November -1
    Yes the owners certainly have had a brain freeze here. It is also much more expensive to use them compared to a High Performance BMW M5 for a longer road trip! Where is the sense in that? And European prices for petrol are much higher than the US prices for gas!
  • edited November -1
    OP missed the story. Ionity is switching from time based charging to per kWh charging. The end rates are setup to cost about the same. Also keep in mind that Ionity contracts are with other EV public charging companies and most customers will have those contracts not be paying Ionity directly.

The $1kWh price is the highest retail price with no contract. It is setup to provide charging but to encourage EV owner to get a contract with one of the EV charging companies. You have to look at the subscriber prices for those EV charging companies to see what final price per kWh is for most users.

Perhaps our EU folks with contracts can tell us what they pay. Bjorn Nyland has used them in a lot of his videos and high price doesn't seem to be an issue he mentions.

EU is also more consumer oriented with regulations which is why EV's are much bigger seller in EU than US so there will be regulatory input on the public charging network. EU is requiring EV adoption at an aggressive rate so it will also look at the support infrastructure.
  • edited January 17
    Well I am in EU and up to now Ionity charged a flat rate of 8 Euros per charge. Independent of time or kWh used. But it is correct that this is for a non-contract. And I am not so sure the EU in general is more consumer oriented. Norway and Netherlands are exceptions just now.

I only have seen the Swedish pricing and that is a proposed subscription USD 250 per annum plus USD 0.38 per kWh. So it seems adjusted for subscribers alright but still very expensive. We are lucky to have the Supercharger prices at about USD 0.26 per kWh. While my home charging is about half of that.

I must say I just find all of these subscription models so outdated! And hope they will not survive.
  • edited January 17
  • edited January 17
    I think the owners of Ionity must have had magic mushrooms for breakfast before their Bored Meeting!
  • edited January 17
    Tesla Björn has looked at this

• edited November -1
    Bjorn Nyland has used them in a lot of his videos and high price doesn't seem to be an issue he mentions.-fish
    Tesla Björn has looked at this - Peter

Jack, by using lack of information as evidence to support your view, your view collapses when the information is actually found.
  • edited January 17
    jallred
    I have to ask. Why do you call MurkyWaterTroll Jack?
  • edited November -1
    maybe because he doesnt know jack?
  • edited January 17
    Got ya. Thanks
  • edited November -1
    It’s the driver’s name on his screen when he shows us pictures of the energy graph. He tries to make sure the door is open so it says “easy entry” instead of his name, but he forgot to do it on a recent picture.
  • edited January 17
    conveniently its also because he doesnt know jack. Im sticking with that
  • edited November -1
    FISHEV | January 16, 2020
    Found the gray line that shows on the old 2015 Model S example linked above but it has no number attached to it, just the green "Rated Range" line has the battery per cent number. Hit the Plus/Minus icon on the upper right to toggle from Green Line to Green/Gray Line.

Manual says:

"The green line represents the actual usage whereas the gray line represents predicted usage."

But as we see from these pics, the green line does not represent Predicted Range as the 28% of battery should be 86 miles but Projected Range is just 56 miles. The gray line is saying under ideal conditions I'd get slightly more than Rated Range but Projected Range says both are wrong and just 56 miles.

https://imgur.com/Tdug6ku

https://imgur.com/G4Xn32d

https://imgur.com/JfOju4d
  • edited January 17
    jack·fish
    /jakfish/

adjective
    stupid; idiotic.
    "try not to make any jackfish remarks"

Similar:
    fool
    idiot
    cretin
    moron
    dolt
    halfwit
    ass
    dunce
    dullard
    simpleton
    nincompoop
    blockhead
    ignoramus
    clod
    dope
    thickhead
    ninny
    chump
    dimwit
    dummy
    dum-dum
    dumbbell
    jackass
    bonehead
    fathead
    numbskull
    dunderhead
    airhead
    pinhead
    lamebrain
    peabrain
    birdbrain
    dipstick
    donkey
    noodle
    nit
    nitwit
    twit
    numpty
    clot
    muppet
    plonker
    berk
    prat
    pillock
    wally
    wazzock
    divvy
    bozo
    turkey
    goofus
    knobhead
    asshat

Opposite:
    genius
  • edited January 17
    ionity is a jointventure of many german manufacturers. they are not aware her position in the ev-world... hint: read mercedes-benz´ top-shot manager interview in last „handelsblatt“-issue. a very funny man ;)
  • edited January 18
    Hah I like the Jackfish thing. I tried to label it with a nickname of tinyhorn but it didn't stick.
  • edited January 18
    Jesus...Jallred with the win as always....

@john
    I liked tinyhorn. Don't give up!
  • edited November -1
    It was subject to misinterpretation I noticed:)
  • edited January 18
    Yeah. Seemed pretty obvious to me but Eye of the Beholder and other mixed idioms always apply.
  • edited January 18
    "I only have seen the Swedish pricing and that is a proposed subscription USD 250 per annum plus USD 0.38 per kWh."

About 30% cheaper than gasoline.

310 miles/32 miles per gallon X $3.75 gallon - $36 to fuel Subaru.

310 miles = 75kW x $0.38 - $28 to fuel Tesla.

As for Tesla's profits on the SC.

Assuming each SC has 50% utilization rate and chargers 24 cars with 50kW charge. A single charger could handle 48 x 30 minute charges a day but we'll figure just 50% of the time.

So each charger would be selling 50kW x 24 cars x $0.28 per kWh = $336 per charger per day.

12000 US chargers x $336 = $4M per day.

$4M x 365 days = $1.5B.

Assuming Tesla pays a commercial power rate that is 50% of retail, a nice $750M profit per year and growing fast with maximum revenue potential of $3B and $1.5B profit.
  • edited January 18
    Fish is present.
    Public Service Announcement:

FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
    names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
    take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
    suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
    about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.
  • edited November -1
    A real cost analysis needs to include maintenance, insurance, equipment depreciation, real estate leasing, network communication, payment processing facilities, credit card fees, technical support.

And then the network as a whole doesn’t make profit because it’s expansion costs exceed revenue.