Model 3

Adjust charge current from the app?

edited November -1 in Model 3
Seems this should be available, maybe a safety issue?

Comments

• edited November -1
    What is a safety issue?
  • edited November -1
    You have to use the internet to see your car burn down ;-)
  • edited November -1
    +1 to adjust for convenience. Example: I will charge on 30 MPH (220v/32a circuit). I need 140 Mi. I have 10 hrs. Change so charges slowly (14MPH) overnight instead of charge fast then STOP.
  • edited January 18
    @WEST TEX EV - adjust the amps at the car when you set up the overnight charging.
  • edited November -1
    Just think it deserves to be in app. Prefer to fiddle at app. Not sitting in car. #FAMILYTIME.
  • edited November -1
    McLary!!
  • edited February 7
    Elon: Model 3 api end point for “charge current” por favor.
  • edited February 7
    It isn't safe to control the power flow from a remote app. Think of the consequences of a hack.
  • edited November -1
    Sure consequences of a hack...you mean like someone turning on climate control to max and draining your battery, or venting the windows when it is raining...ohh ohh or how bout getting your car's location, unlocking the doors and starting the vehicle and driving away in your car? You mean like those consequences? Changing the charge current within the limits of the charging dongle is the least of any worries I think.
  • edited February 7
    @shank15217: "Think of the consequences of a hack."

Please, continue.
  • edited November -1
    Unlock the car.
    Open the windows in a rain storm.
    Summon

Changing the charge current is a risk. Really ?
  • edited June 4
    +1 for this. would love to be able to match charge current with the current intake from our solar roof system throughout the day (remotely)
  • edited June 4
    I am hoping for that, too. And for the possibility of a charging device/station, like myenergi for solar surplus charging, to wake the car.
  • edited November -1
    I think “limit charge current to available solar excess” would be an amazing integration to add! It should bypass the nominal charge start time too
  • Hi all, dont see how the risk here !!
    If you have a 32amp supply and you can adjust in the car thats great, so why not the amp, the unit is auto sensing so whats the problem ?
    I have a 7kv PV system, I want to be able to adjust the charge rate in the day from my office, this means I dont need to go to the car, not sure why people are saying its a fire risk, load of blob !!!
    if some fool decides to put a 40mts lead using the standard 10amp charger your the problem not the car or charger, its going to melt anyway so whats the problem.
  • edited July 20
    "+1 for this. would love to be able to match charge current with the current intake from our solar roof system throughout the day (remotely)"

You should charge your car when the rate is the cheapest, and allow your solar to pump when the rate is the highest.
  • edited July 20
    What I do now is set the car to charge at 16 amps 240 VAC, which is far lower than my solar output. I then have it turn on a 12:30 pm so it fully charges during the afternoon sun. While some automatic amperage control with solar output knowledge would be better, this works quite well today. It's always charged long before 6 pm. It is less clear how it will work during the winter, so I might go back to midnight changing.
  • edited July 20
    TT, that only makes sense if you have a fixed cost for your power, actually, it makes no difference at all then. Otherwise, minimize usage during peak and use power off peak regardless of your solar to car charging ratio