General

How to sell a used Model S?

edited November -1 in General
I am leaving the country at the end of next month and I cannot ship my car so I will need to sell it.
What is a good way to sell it quickly and with minimum hassle? Are there dealers who buy them (I am in Northern CA)?
I am not trying to get the best price for it, but I have a lot to do in the next few weeks and just need to make sure it is sold before I take off.
Thank you for sharing wisdom and experiences.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Carmax
  • edited January 27
    Agree, Carmax meets the poster's requirements.
  • edited January 27
    Tesla gave me $4K over Carmax....
  • edited November -1
    @jfgilbert,
    Please tell us the year, color and features of your car. Forum readers might also be interested.
  • edited January 27
    ST70, was Tesla buying the car outright or were you buying another car?
  • edited January 28
    For Sale (My Tesla): 2017 Model S P100D 17,675 miles. Midnight Silver Metallic. Excellent condition.

This Model S has pretty much everything that can be loaded into it, including Panoramic Roof, SubWoofer,
    21 inch Grey Metallic Alloy Wheels (matching the car paint perfectly), Premium Sound, Black Leather Seats, carbon fiber rear spoiler. It does not have Full Autopilot but, of course, this feature can be added in by the purchaser.

Serious inquiries only, please.
  • edited March 6
    For Sale: 2015 Model S P85D, just over 50k miles, with EcoHitch installed.

85 kWh Performance Model S
    Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
    Red Multi-Coat Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    19" Wheels
    Tan Next Generation Seats
    Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
    Black Alcantara Headliner
    Tesla Red Brake Calipers
    Supercharger Enabled
    Tech Package with Autopilot
    Smart Air Suspension
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    Rear Facing Seats
  • edited March 7
    Best bet for biggest buck is sell it yourself on Craigslist. Did that with the Subaru after purchasing the Tesla and it worked well, got top KBB.com price and sold in a week.
  • edited April 7
    FOR SALE - 2018 Model S P100D with Ludicrous Performance - 19k miles
    Black Premium exterior/interior
    Glass Roof
    21" Sonic Carbon Wheels
    Carbon Fiber Decor
    Dark Headliner
    Red Brake Calipers
    Smart Suspension
    Subzero Weather Package
    Premium Upgrades Package
  • SOSO
    edited April 7
    Price?
  • edited April 26
    You can now post your Tesla for sale on TeslaCarLot.com.
    Posting is currently free.
  • edited April 28
    I've been searching for a Model S. 2018-2017. Black interior. Quick sale. Email to jtibedo(at)gmail.com with price and description.
  • edited April 30
    FOR SALE - 2017 Model S P100D with Ludicrous Performance - 18,700 miles
    Black Premium exterior
    Ultra White interior
    Glass Panoramic Sunroof
    21" Gray Turbine Wheels
    Carbon Fiber Decor
    Dark Alcantara Headliner
    Red Brake Calipers
    Smart Suspension
    Subzero Weather Package
    Premium Upgrades Package
    Full Self Driving
    No Pets, No accidents, Clean history

If interested send me an offer or questions braylark[at]gmail
  • edited May 11
    Does anybody know about the Model X charging mileage number at the dotted line before the "trip" mark? The web spec says 351 miles is including the trip mileage as a maximum in total.
  • This is a really problematic situation. I remembered how two years ago I had to leave the country for another country urgently, because my family needed help. At that time I didn't know what to do with my Mercedes, because I was running out of time, and I didn't want to leave the car just like that. Fortunately, then my friend helped out a lot by offering great guys https://www.wacarremovals.com.au/truck-removal-perth/ they quickly helped me settle everything and in a short time I was already flying with a good profit from the sale to my relatives
  • edited July 21
    Selling Tesla S 2015 70D RED 38,000 miles. No accidents, Tech Package with Autopilot,
    Smart Air Suspensions, built in K40 radar detector. Tires quite new. Located in metropolitan NYC in NJ. Garaged and babied.
  • 2020 Tesla model S long range plus 4500 miles
    For sale
  • 2016 Tesla Model S90 – rear wheel drive. Pearl white multicoat paint with light gray next generation leather seats, autopilot, 21” gray turbine wheels, all glass panoramic roof with power moonroof, carbon fiber décor, factory rear center console, premium interior package (leather, LED ambient interior lighting, power liftgate, lighted door handles, LED cornering lights and chrome accents front and rear), rear spoiler, all weather floor liners for interior and trunk, plus original carpeted mats – never used. Free supercharging and free premium connectivity. 52,000 miles. Original owner, always garaged in Florida, no accidents, never smoked in, immaculate condition – none nicer. $42,000.