Model 3

Suspicious of Starlink capability? EM could become most powerful being on this planet. Or Lex Luthor

edited February 20 in Model 3
With the sky covered in satellites belonging essentially to one company and predominantly by one man, and knowing how every Tesla can be over the air updated at any time, I can only think SpaceX also will conform to the mold.
What exactly in the way of spyware, AI and warfare capability is Starlink capable of?
Also by blotting out the sky to telescopes, SpaceX has control of visibility . A SpaceX Starlink could annihilate every thing else in orbit.
Elon in his hats of the mad scientist, alien, victim, science fictionado, cleverer than all of us, could easily have fitted one, some or all with extra capability which can be updated instantly. EM is now the most powerful being on this planet, given these capabilities.

"What do you think, in the comments below"

Comments

• edited November -1
    Think it’s time you get fitted for an aluminum foil hat. Elon Must is definitely changing ground rules for those who currently have the power today. If no one responds to the changing competitive environment, Elon Musk will gain influence by providing services and products which are very compelling to most everyone out there.

Get prepared, make aluminum foil hats fret again!
  • edited November -1
    I think Elon is going to steal the moon.
  • edited February 4
    Steal it from who? Nobody owns the moon do they?
  • edited February 4
    He just wants to mine all the cheese.
  • edited February 4
    I'm more suspicious about people who are this suspicious.
  • edited November -1
    how high are you?
  • edited February 4
    Higher than Elon Musk ...
  • edited November -1
    An interesting question will surround the conflicts caused by having a non-government controlled internet source. China, Russia, the USA, Singapore, etc., won't be able to install their little firewalls and gateways and monitor their citizens access to the internet as they do now. It'll be interesting to see how that works out...
  • edited November -1
    Would NASA even know what software is on the satellites, more than stuff to open gloveboxes and indicators I am sure.
  • edited February 4
    Hes not the most powerful yet. He does not own a significant portion of vehicles on the road. Hes on track to become the global mammoth
  • edited November -1
    Elon will have total control over Teslaquila sales on Mars and no other competing Tequila will be allowed. What are we going to do?
  • edited February 10
    Its's the apocalypse coming, I tells ya, the apocalypse!! The end is near!
  • edited November -1
    Shipstone Corporation.
  • edited February 10
    Oh its the apocalypse alright. The apocalypse of the status quo automotive industries.
  • edited November -1
    You know EM is a t-1000, right? It's in the disclaimers when you order a cyber truck.
  • edited February 10
    @Atoms Aluminum foil doesn't work -- it must be tin. That's why the government replaced all the tin foil with aluminum. The black helicopters took it all away one night.
  • edited February 20
    @" andy.connor.e | February 4, 2020

Hes not the most powerful yet. He does not own a significant portion of vehicles on the road. Hes on track to become the global mammoth"

But he does own more satellites than anyone.

Can you all guarantee to yourselves, that Starlink software is not built capable of both good and nefarious upgrades OTA?

What if the Saudis buy SpaceX, now theres a thought for your tin hats.

Can you guarantee SpaceX will not get into the hands of a Lex Luthor? 300 years even?
  • edited November -1
    Ross1, "Can you all guarantee to yourselves, that Starlink software is not built capable of both good and nefarious upgrades OTA?"

To date there are no satellite antennas in Teslas...no OTA satellite updates.
  • edited February 20
    Starlink is more likely to just physically replace the satellites than OTA upgrades, but i do not know. Start putting money aside for when starlink goes public.
  • edited November -1
    xD

When it is cloudy outside good luck getting internet service. Hughes net really took off lmao. I'll stick with my broadband internet service.
  • edited November -1
    Cant even wait for the service to be available before bad mouthing it.
  • edited February 20
    Just like everyone else here does when a new EV is announced?
  • edited February 20
    only because they label themselves "tesla killer" before entering production
  • edited February 20
    Ross1, you are pissing Jeff Bezos off.....
  • edited February 20
    @mabuck I've used InMarSat BGAN service in some very remote areas and thick cloud cover. Iridium satellite phones work well too. Starlink will do exactly what it's intended to do: provide reliable broadband Internet to any point on the planet. I'm just not comfortable with the side effect of permanently altering the night sky.