Model 3

Tesla Model 3 Tinting

What is the best shop and price for window tinting and what type of films will be using?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Are you asking for a DIY ?
  • edited February 15
    I have one shop that knows and do their job so well if you are in CA, go to Superior auto Styling located in Ontario.
  • edited February 15
    Me too, I have the same question.
  • edited February 15
    OP's location would be nice, unless, like I asked, its for DIY
  • edited February 16
    @mcbridejane65 do you know approximately how much that shop in Ontario charges? I’m looking to get my model 3 tinted once it’s delivered. Thank you for your help!
  • edited February 16
    Expect to spend 700+
    Go to a reputable tint shop that is very familiar with Teslas. If you cheep out you will immediately regret it. Don't tint the sunroof...there have been reported cases of it shattering after being tinted with ceramic film. Also have the back window tinted with one piece of film. If you have the windshield done make sure that the shop uses the proper soak shields to protect the electronics that are right under the dash. I have a friend who had to have her car towed and the computer hardware replaced because the tent shop got it wet.
    Do your homework, and know that you get what you pay for.
  • edited February 16
    OP I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you think everyone here lives in your area? Also I am guessing this isn’t the first car that you have had tint put on. So why not just use the same shop you have used before. Thee is nothing special about the glass on a Tesla.
  • edited November -1
    OP is mia.
  • edited February 19
    The place I went to in Pasadena, Elevated Auto Concepts, had good reviews.. When I went there, there were several Ferraris, Porsches and a Model S. While I was there, a Rolls Royce pulled in. So, I figured "I guess he can wrap the front end of my Tesla." He actually did more work than I paid for. He also wrapped the front pillars, a spot under the trunk and the edges of the doors for free.
  • edited February 19
    Huper Optik authorized dealer. 40% on all glass except windshield which was 80%. About $1,100.
  • edited November -1
    275.00 for 6 side windows, 35%. Northern Califonia.
  • edited November -1
    I’m sure there are great shops within a 2000mi circumference of the OP’s location
  • edited November -1
    @howard
    That sounds about right.
    Double and triple check that they know how to protect the electronics under the dash. You really are going to appreciate the windshield tint. It really keeps the car cool. I’ve never heard of the Huper Optik film but I look forward to looking them up.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • edited February 19
    @kurgen99
    Sounds like a great shop!
    I used Mike’s Tint in Placentia and have been very happy with their work.
    They use all Llumar products.
  • edited November -1
    FWIW, I had good luck with D and L Tinting over on Joppa Rd...
  • edited November -1
    Where am I going in the Bay Area (Peninsula) to get a good tint job?
  • edited February 19
    Call OC Detailing and they will point you in the right direction.
    https://bayareadetails.com/
  • edited February 19
    This is of interest to me as well. Prior to the 3, every car I've purchased was tinted on delivery.

I'm In Houston and would like as dark as allowed by law. I also want the back window to be a single piece. I'll leave the top alone and probably want minimal tinting on the windshield.

So who has good info for the Houston area?
  • edited February 20
    Call Texas Tint Masters
    https://www.texastintmasters.com/
  • edited November -1
    OCDetailing, I see what they did there, thanks for the suggestion.
  • edited February 21
    If you are in the San Diego area, use 5Point Auto Spa -- I've had them tint / ceramic coat multiple cars, they do awesome work. Locations in Carlsbad and Mission Valley.