Model S

Navigation Issues

edited November -1 in Model S
2012 MS 47,000miles. Took our usual Trip from NY to Philadelphia with navigation set to the supercharger just off the Penn Turnpike. Once Charged we always reset the navigation to our destination in Philly. This time when we entered the new destination the map zoomed as expected but it just continued to calculate, then "still Calculating" but never completing the route. After canceling the route, the Map would show our location on the road until the location icon (Arrowhead) disappeared off the top of the map. I could manually pull the map down and see the icon again. We rebooted the MCU on arrival. On the return trip the next day same thing, no problem Navigating to the first destination (Supercharger) but unable to calculate the second leg of the trip. The next day after arriving home (no reboot) was able to Navigate to first location but again not the second. Any ideas? Is this possibly a sign of MCU issue?
Thanks
Jana & David

Comments

• edited November -1
    Have you try removing ALL the old destinations you have listen on the nav. drop down?
  • edited February 2020
    I've had my car get stuck on Calculating a few times, but a reboot always fixed it.
  • edited February 2020
    My car deleted the stored map which made navigation unavailable. Tesla connected remotely and formatted and partitioned the space where the map data is stored. They then triggered a download of the map data. That was on January 8, 2020. So far the navigation is still working. The car had been trying for over a year to download a new map but never completing.
  • edited February 2020
    @jmnorth - congratulations on owning a 2012. Did you buy it new? Anything special? Signature model?
  • edited November -1
    I think you may have identified the issue, @murphy.

It is possible that there is need to update the navigation (map most likely) and is not happening OTA via 3G/LTE, as the map/nav data in particular appears to be relegated to Wifi downloads.
  • edited February 2020
    The map version is on the software screen. Mine is at NA-2019.20-10487. There is a progress bar on that screen if a map download is in progress. The map is only downloaded via WiFi.
  • edited February 2020
    Is anyone having new map issues as of this week? I got in my 2015 85D on Wed AM Feb 26 and a notice on the screen said I had new maps loaded. Since then, navigation hasn't worked. When I search for a new destination it says "service required." There is a triangle with an exclamation point in the top center of the screen. When I click on it I get the message "MCU_w007 Navigation unavailable Navigation maps are not loaded". Anyone else have this issue?
  • edited November -1
    Read my post 4 above yours. That is what happened to my car. Tesla can fix it remotely. Start with the Contact link at the bottom of this page.
  • edited November -1
    2012 P85 bought used with 35K on it, Twin chargers but not sure if that helps anything.Glass roof,Tech package, Carbon fiber, Air suspension, Sound studio.
    Deleted all the saved locations including HOME & WORK this morning then rebooted the MCU. Interestingly, some of the locations reappeared in the menu. Set the Nav for a trip this morning and it worked fine, arrived at the location and immediately set nav for HOME (it was the second leg of the trip that was giving me issues) and Nav worked properly, quickly finding the route. Might be fixed,
    PS Nav software NA 2019.20-10487
    Thanks
  • edited February 2020
    Awesome, @jmnorth :)