Model X

Model X door reset falcon door obstruction error

edited November -1 in Model X
Hello, I recently found a fix that worked for the Model X falcon door obstruction error.

I tried and tried to open and close the falcon door but it would beep and give an obstruction error message. Then I tried to manually roll the door open and closed by holding the button by the seat. This did nothing to help. Then I came up with this combination. I pressed the 4 steering wheel buttons at once while holding down the brake pedal. The car completely reset itself going dark screen. Then screen came back online and I moved forward a few feet then backwards a few feet.

The doors worked perfectly ever since.

Hope this helps you when the doors jam and give you an error message of obstruction error.

Comments

• edited March 2020
    Note after this operation you tesla app on iPhone XS Max get not connect to just sign out and sign back in should do the trick
  • edited November -1
    Note after this operation you tesla app on iPhone XS Max might not connect to just sign out and sign back in should do the trick
  • edited November -1
    It didn't work for me.
    Reset 3 times but still showed false obstacle detection.
    Moreover, I pressed 2 wheel buttons on Tesla X 2020 and holding down Brake.
    Pressing 4 wheel buttons didn;t work.
  • edited March 2020
    @zen Sounds like you was doing the hokey pokey
  • edited March 2020
    Also I have an older 2016 Tesla X so not sure on newer versions.
  • edited November -1
    Brought my 2020 Tesla X to SC, they replaced sensors. It works well now.
  • edited August 2020
    I bought my 2020 model x raven long range March 32, 2020. I’ve taken my car to the Cincinnati service location 2x for this issue and the Indianapolis service location and still can’t get it fixed. I would say about every 5-7x I open one of the falcon doors, it’s tells me there’s an obstacle. This is my only complaint about buying this car. The frustrating part is both service locations are about 1.5hr away from where I live KY. For the amount of money we spend for this car, I really wish I didn’t have to drive to the service stations multiple times and the car still not be fixed.
  • I have December 2016 Model X with the same problem. Twice the sensors have been replaced by the Rocklin CA SC. The glue used to attach the sensor to the right hand Falcon Wing Door fails in high heat and allows the sensor to move. No solution as of today.
  • It didn't work for me.
    Reset 3 times but still showed false obstacle detection.
    Moreover, I pressed 2 wheel buttons on Tesla X 2020 and holding down Brake.
    Pressing 4 wheel buttons didn;t work.
    if you know about skin care related please visit:https://www.caringoflife.com/brown-spots-on-ankles/