Model 3

Problem with latest software update for "better bluetooth"

edited November -1 in Model 3
I just got the latest update with release notes about "better bluetooth" and now I can't play my music from my iPhone using bluetooth and if I'm on a phone call, it switches back-and-forth between the car and the phone many times during the call (with all doors closed and sitting in the driver seat).
I tried "forgetting device" in both the car and my phone and re-pairing but it didn't help. Is there something else I need to do?

Comments

• edited March 2020
    Try rebooting the car and phone.
  • edited March 2020
    I have the same issue. Tried rebooting car and phone w/o success. After 2020.8.1 I have to connect manually to listen to iPhone music using Bluetooth.
  • edited November -1
    Second level of debug: Unpair and then pair phones.
  • edited March 2020
    I did all that and still no go :(
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
    Same here.
  • edited March 2020
    Looks like 2020.8.2 may have corrected your problem.
  • I have software update 2020.8.3 and I am having the iPhone bluetooth connectivity as described at the start of this chain. Anything being done about it?
  • edited November -1
    I had this issue this morning after getting a map update yesterday evening.

I did a lot of cell phone and car PoPo (power on/power off)... in the end what fixed it for me was to remove the bluetooth pairing from the car and my cell phone. Then redo the pair process. It works fine after that for me
  • edited April 2020
    I'm running 2020.12.1 and I'm frequently having to reboot the tesla screen to recover bluetooth connectivity.

I've previously on two occasions clearing the bluetooth phone connections for both the phone and the car while rebooting the phone as well.

The only remedy that is effective is rebooting the Tesla Screen in my circumstance. (Iphone Xr with Software 13.4)
  • edited November -1
    My car seems to have trouble re connecting the bluetooth audio twice over the past couple days. The car works with the phone app just fine. Its just the Bluetooth audio connection seems to not connect. Even after powering off the iphone 7 plus and 2 button phone hard reset, still won’t connect to bluetooth audio. I have to do the two scroll button press on the steering wheel to get the car to reboot before it will reconnect to the phones bluetooth audio.
  • edited November -1
    Is everybody here who is having trouble on an iPhone? I have a Pixel 4XL and Bluetooth has been seamless, it's doing everything it's supposed to do. If I'm on a phone call outside of the car it picks up on Bluetooth as soon as I get into the car, but not before. When streaming Pandora it works fine, when I get out of the car it stops, when I get back into the car it picks up automatically.
  • edited April 2020
    Cold drizzle this morning in a Costco lot. Frigging trunk would not open. Fumbled for my phone. Perhaps I had closed my Tesla app....nope it’s still open. Still raining. Pressing the unlock button on the app now. Car is not responding. I walk over to the driver's side to try the door. Hope I don’t have to dig into my wallet for my card key. Then I notice the chrome on the side. Oh no....I applied a chrome delete last year. I’ve been tugging on the trunk of....someone else’s Model 3
  • edited April 2020
    lol @spuzzz
  • edited April 2020
    It has something to do with iPhones, iTunes and the Tesla software in my car. I can play Amazon music and Sirius with no issues but when I play my music off the phone after about 10 songs it freezes and disconnects. You can reboot all you want it does it again after the 10 songs.
  • edited November -1
    I’m pretty sure I spent a lot of time on the road Saturday (more than 200 miles) and one supercharger session. All the while using Pandora from my iphone 7 plus on iOS 13.4.

I’m pretty sure i listened to a lot more than 10 songs before the one event that day and I am sure I listened to more than 10 songs after the event. But I’ll try to keep count of songs starting tomorrow morning.
  • edited November -1
    It only does it with me using my songs on iTunes.
  • edited November -1
    I just got update 2020.12.5 and I'm able to play music from iTunes using bluetooth. I haven't tried making a phone call yet but I'm hoping that's resolved too.
  • edited April 2020
    For several months my phone will not connect to the car for audio. I have to manually connect it every time. We all have Pixel 3s so I was wondering if t is a pixel problem, but someone above pixel works fine and is having trouble with their iPhone. The lastest update forget pixel fixed blue tooth issues but I'm still having to connect y phone each time I get in the car.
  • edited November -1
    [email protected] My Pixel4XL is working perfectly with the car. Had a Pixel2XL before that and it worked fine also. Have you tried re-pairing the phone with the car?
  • edited April 2020
    [email protected] Have you made the Tesla a Trusted Device? If it isn't then add it.
  • edited April 2020
    I'm having the same issues with Bluetooth. Before it woulds switch between my phone and car now I can't even get my phone calls to play through the car.
  • edited April 2020
    I have an iPhone for the record.
  • edited April 2020
    @bjrosen
    Yes to both. I had to redo everything when I got hw3. Maybe it's the car since we have to do it on the three phones that use the car.
  • edited April 2020
    Well on 2020.12.5 and it seems better. Connected right away several times in and out of car today.