Model S

COVID-19 discussion thread for all

Comments

• edited March 27
    Bad cold, over reaction by the fake news media. That’s how this ends.
  • edited March 27
    Infecting all your Porsche customers won’t win any sales, covidiot.
  • edited November -1
    You’ve always been the problem, never had a solution.

How are Rolex sales going to play tomorrow?
  • edited March 27
    Here are some of the life-threatening complications of
    COVID 19:

Fulminant, life-threatening pneumonia
    Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
    Cardiac Failure
    Arrhythmias
    Shock
    Permanent pulmonary (lung) damage
    Cardiomyopathy (permanent damage to the heart and its function)

These are not a part of a cold, "bad" or not.

If you were really a "first responder" with some medical training, you would know at least some of this, @darth. Or are you "First Responder" to a sale on Rolex? That sounds right for you!

Facts over @darth's fiction... again.
  • edited March 27
    This won’t come as any surprise to all the first responders on this thread.
    https://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregion/100000007052136/coronavirus-elmhurst-hospital-queens.html
  • edited March 27
    Yawn... wake me up when there’s real news that I haven’t seen before. Not a NYT productized fear video about the bad cold. The real story is the local bad forecasting and distribution of ventilators and PPE. A city of millions stacked on top of each other with a mass transit system as a primary means of transportation and you’re surprised by this? Go figure.
  • edited March 27
    Seem to be at odds with the US Army. USACE active in 50 states converting infrastructure to hospital space.
  • edited March 27
    It’s not at odds with the Army.
  • edited March 27
    I have an odd curiosity about COVID-19. Could it just go dormant in infected people and surprise them years later with a secondary illness? Like Chickenpox and Shingles?

Speaking of Chickenpox, that is another virus that is harder on adults than children but it doesn't seem to have prejudice with respect to who it infects. Could the age prejudices of COVID-19 be related to older people having drier eyes and membranes or the loss of elasticity making it easier for the COVID-19 virus to enter cells? Perhaps it is an equal opportunity virus that infects all ages without prejudice, but I thought studies with larger samples of all age groups had been done in other countries, like South Korea.

I have lots of odd curiosities about the virus. One thing is for certain though, I chose to not be a vector and be a part of a bigger problem because there are so many unknowns.

@SbMD
    I have to agree with you on the spirit and soul of a First Responder. I have a family member that is one. You could burglarize her home, run away while threatening her with a gun and then get hit by a truck in front of her house. She would still do everything in her power to keep you alive and transported safely to a hospital. Total respect!
  • edited March 27
    Uh huh. Nothing new about that. The Army is a flexible adaptive organization. It’s, the bad cold, a serious illness just like the flu is a serious illness. But it’s very low risk for most people. And the only reason to even pay attention to it is that we don’t yet have a vaccine. But it’s not the end of the world. Just an over-exaggerated panicdemic caused by 21st century media, social media mixed with partisan politics during an election year.
  • edited March 27
    60 day troop freeze.
  • edited March 27
    False.
  • edited March 27
    There are WIDE exceptions.
  • edited March 27
    Bighorn you’re pushing a narrative about things you have zero knowledge about or understanding of. Or you’re prevaricating again. Either way, this will and is playing out exactly as I said it would in the other thread. Nanny states like California might try to exploit things a bit longer. But even that won’t hold up under the pressure that’s coming from citizens and the White House. In the end this ends sooner rather than later, Trump gets a big bounce in popularity and history will remember this for the mass panic that it is, how unprepared we are for really dangerous pandemics and for the Constitutional implications. It will also strengthen the arguments for tighter control over borders and immigration.
  • edited March 27
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/489536-pentagon-orders-60-day-troop-freeze-report
    Mostly naval exceptions. We may house a naval intelligence officer returning from MENA for his 14 day quarantine.
  • edited March 27
    Kind of explains why the media wants to silence his press conferences. Not quite what they were hoping for. Or this: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/25/politics/guns-ammo-coronavirus/index.html
  • edited March 27
    There are WIDE assholes, too
  • edited November -1
    No... not mostly naval. Thousands of troops will move as planned. Only non essential movements are being paused such as PCS and routine schedules training rotations in line with overall guidance to minimize spreading the virus in ways that affect readiness. Otherwise it’s BAU.
  • edited March 27
    Approval won’t survive morbidity and mortality of one and two degrees of separation. We won’t have to wait decades to find out who’s correct. June should suffice.
    Stick to facts and not ad hominem, kindly.
  • edited March 27
    I’m the only one sticking to facts here. That’s why everything I’ve said has been 100% accurate. I’m not reacting on “feelings” or “politics”. You can’t shut down the country over a bad cold. Just get used to living with this because Trump is about to re-start the economic engine. Elon Musk understands this thankfully... that says a lot.
  • edited March 27
    Esper didn’t get the memo, I guess. Trump’s hands will be tied by the carnage.
  • edited March 27
    @darth

Yes Darth. We hear you. You are the only intelligent and honest person here. Everyone else is just a sheep following the evil media.

And Trump is the greatest demi god ever.

Go to sleep now.
  • edited March 27
    Just heard on evening news that there is a move to change CenturyLink Field (Mariner's Stadium) into a makeshift hospital. Several MASH type units are already popping up in soccer fields.