Model S

COVID-19 discussion thread for all

Comments

• edited March 27
    Non-scientific medical "opinions" are disinformation.
  • edited March 27
    There also opinions. You think everybody can be correct?
  • edited March 27
    Hitler also has a different opinion, tld.
  • edited March 27
    Had
  • edited March 27
    LOL....that's a good one Red
  • edited March 27
    This is literally like debating children and a prejudice obvious prevaricator. You guys can’t control your emotions enough to articulate why you disagree? Or did you think every member of the forum would just automatically agree with you? Even Elon Musk does not agree with you! And many of you think he walks on water...
  • edited March 27
    Tldickerson | March 27, 2020
    This thread was started so you guys could have a good discussion about the virus and give your own opinions. You knew there's going to be disagreements but that's just part of life. Try and not get so upset about it.

Huge difference between opinions and scientific facts.
  • edited March 27
    Sorry, looks like that has already been appropriately addressed.
  • edited March 27
    EM is no health expert but his empire is existentially threatened by the CV pandemic as is DJT, PDave and apparently you. Nobody in their right mind wants to play Russian Roulette with this except those threatened financially, and Russia—they collect a licensing fee.
    Intelligent people are persuasive and I don’t see anybody lining up behind you. Well TLD, but he’s here for the cat fights. Too bad it’s just cat vs mouse:(
  • edited March 27
    Time for a counterpoint YouTube from Darth America. My grandfather almost died in the Army in 1918, so I’m still erring on cation.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e7d2001c5b6256a7a276e7f
  • edited November -1
    If you want to be taken seriously, try not to source anonymously from the HuffPost... We aren’t existentially threatened by COVID19. We are all threatened by the irrational fear of COVID19 being sold by the fake news media. Like I told you earlier, like the data shows, it’s going to spread. You’re not going to stop it because we aren’t the PRC and won’t accept that BS. We will allow for a brief pause to gather data and help hospitals prepare for the tens of millions of cases we are going to see this year. That will last another week or two and then we are going back to work. Well some of us are still working but I mean the rest of those being forced to stay home due to the irrational fear driven blanket policy. Just like Taycan’s performance and range, this will be another I told you so. It’s not special powers of divination, it’s dealing in reality.
  • edited March 27
    I would rather believe the news media over this Russian internet troll, considering 98% of what he states are outright lies.
  • edited March 27
    What say we wait the couple three weeks and see what really happens. After all, their's nothing any of us can do except protect ourselves and wait for the outcome.
  • edited March 27
    The existential threat is to viability of businesses, not the survival of the general population. And to anyone who gets acutely ill after the hospitals close admissions. The death rate from AMIs, CVAs, aneurysms, flu, sepsis, appendicitis, pneumonia, etc will be similar to 1918 if we let that happen by going laissez faire before we have an executed plan of logical testing and resource build out.
    I was chief of the medical staff at our hospital. What are your veiled allusions to medical expertise beyond Prager?
  • edited March 27
    Boris
  • edited March 27
    Prager U is leaps and bonds ahead compared to your lack of arguments. I’ve been dealing with biological threats for more than two decades. I am intimately familiar with what kind of protective measures are necessary in the presence of a virus. I’ve been dealing with this particular bad cold virus since before you even knew about it. That’s why I know it’s not anything like 1918 and I understand what’s necessary protect against it. We’ve done what we can do and now we need to get back to work ASAP.
  • edited March 27
    @darth - "Prager U is leaps and bonds ahead compared to your lack of arguments. I’ve been dealing with biological threats for more than two decades. "

I can unequivocally say that you are lying. Your posts demonstrate that you have zero understanding of anything biological, epidemiological, medical, or scientific.

Your "qualifications" seem to grow, and clearly out of convenience of conversation.

The fact that you claim that the global community is wrong and you are right just seals the deal.

Keep up the fiction... just makes it easier to ignore you.
  • edited March 27
    You ignore me so well @SbMD... Glad to see you’re uninterested in my “qualifications”. That’s worse prevaricating than Bighorn does and that says A LOT!
  • edited March 27
    Ignoring is the wrong word.
    Discounting is the right term.

The only qualification you have, @darth, is “liar”.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like I might be seeking a refund for this Easter bonnet.
    #DPA
  • edited March 27
    COVID-19 is deadlier than seasonal Flu according to the experts.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-compared-flu-experts-wrong/story?id=69779116
  • edited March 27
    SbMD: "Keep up the fiction... just makes it easier to ignore you."

But you're not ignoring (or discounting) him. Try it!
  • edited March 27
    Apples to oranges. COVID19 is worse because we don't have any vaccines or treatments and it appears that it goes toward a much older more vulnerable demographic. It will take some years before we'll know if it's truly in fact more deadly. If COVID19 isn't as resilient and seasonal, there's no way it's as bad as the flu in terms of body count. We're going to find out...
  • edited March 27
    Still not seeing any 'rapid' testing in my neck of the woods. Finally got neg result on very concerning vent patient after 6 days! If NY/NJ using 5-7 day turnaround test like us, the infected numbers will be WAY skewed to the downside. Anyone know? To me, this is the most problematic aspect in the fight to identify/isolate/contain. When are the rapid tests coming en masse to everyone?
  • edited March 28
    @bj - There are rapid (results in hours) out, but requires personnel to run them and lab/testing infrastructure. Faster tests have been approved as well and will likely roll out next week. Important questions to ask your hospital and state's DPH. Local testing is key, for the reasons you mention.