Model S

COVID-19 discussion thread for all

Comments

• edited March 28
    We all know testing was botched by the Trump Administration. Now if we need help from the FEDs we must first suck up to Trump. Hospitals have to assume patients with the symptoms have the disease. Since testing is botched it takes several days to get a result back. This means some in fact many patients take up space and resources while waiting for results. This consumes PPE and hospital time.
    . China with 3 times the population of the US has far far fewer deaths and less economic disruption. Many don't like China's political system but many see the Chinese leadership as effective. Trump is the weak leader that faced with a smaller problem and more time to solve it and sadly blew it.
  • edited March 28
    @barry - And there you go! Not every inane post by @darth deserves a read and/or response.
  • edited March 28
    @doug
    You were being charitable.
    1,437,892,422/330,501,634= 4.35
  • edited March 28
    @sbMD
    I got an email from Schein today saying we could order a finger prick blood antibody test that gives results in 15 minutes.
  • edited March 28
    China is lying about their statistics. Believe otherwise if you want but it's foolish to do so.
  • edited March 28
    The difficulty is in knowing which expert is expert.
  • edited March 28
    @Ross1
    I’m believing the expert of Fauci.

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited March 28
    Experts are not always right and often disagree. You just have to look at the data and make the best decision based on what you know, observe the results and adjust accordingly.
  • edited March 28
    And Darth is not an expert. So feel free to discard most everything he says.
  • edited March 28
    @PB - Yes, that test for virus antibodies test, as opposed to a PCR-based test for the virus. It can lag viral infection by a week, but can quickly give you indication of a current infection (that has generated antibodies by that point) or past infection.
  • edited March 28
    "And Darth is not an expert. So feel free to discard most everything he says."

Or feel free to flag the disinformation.
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    "I got an email from Schein today saying we could order a finger prick blood antibody test that gives results in 15 minutes."

Well what the hell? Where are these? We are being left high and dry to fight a war with peashooters and then pick up the dead bodies. I had expected the 45 min ER/POC tests this week. Not one. This should be the country's number on priortiy. Number one. Can't get a handle on this without massive, rapid result testing ability. Imagine if we could all point a cell phone at our self and know if we were positive or negative. How long do you think it would take to get a handle on this viral catastrophe? It would be a game changer overnight practically. That is what we need. A couple of billion dollars to get everyone possible tested quickly and accurately and we could save TRILLIONS. Makes me want to jail all responsible for this third world or worse atrocity.
  • edited March 28
    Folks...many here have been very helpful to me in understanding my car, etc. Even DA, at times, had info that was useful.

So, need to tell you all something. If you need to get service, either do it immediately or plan for a 30 day delay.

I am expecting a nationwide lockdown in 3-4 days, for 15- 3O days.
  • edited March 28
    BH, not possible that DA is part of that.

Rolex. Hubris.
  • edited November -1
    #prosperitygospel #PaulaWhite
  • edited March 28
    "I am expecting a nationwide lockdown in 3-4 days, for 15- 3O days."

Not surprising given the ineffective process that is ongoing. Did hear about the 5 min antibody test becoming available but still no one at my hospital knows when....Maddening. Two patients admitted now tested positive and came through ER. Best part is that is was a week ago and the results came back today. Might as well be practicing voodoo.I imagine this scene is being reenacted all over the country. Yet Trump goes on TV and touts what a great job he's doing. I don't usually get angry and expect little from politicians, but this guy is dangerous and delusional regarding this situation. If he keeps letting the military guys get infected we may have a coup. Wouldn't blame them.
  • edited March 28
    Very disconcerting statements regarding testing status and outlook. Unfortunately, I believe Osterholm. I had thought we would handle this crisis somewhat as capable as S Korea and some other advanced countries. I was wrong. This is looking to be a protracted, poorly run exercise in damage control and futility. Trillions more may be needed to support the populace as the economic pain builds. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/27/822146372/experts-say-the-u-s-needs-a-national-shutdown-asap-but-differ-on-what-comes-next
  • edited March 28
    Ok, so just read that Abbott 5min for +/ 15 min for - Ab test shipping about 1m/week starting next week. Sounds like an awesome test and a glimmer of hope if supply adequate and delivered swiftly. That I will pray for.
  • edited March 28
    Governor Cuomo: no ventilator shortage in NY. They have thousands in the warehouses ready to go to meet the peak.
  • edited March 28
  • edited March 28
    To all my peeps (even the ones I disagree with), please stay safe and healthy. If you do get sick, here is to a speedy recovery.

Bill
  • edited March 28
    +1 @lola likewise
  • edited November -1
    @lola - great to hear from you, and wish you (and everyone) the same.

All the more reason for people to avoid spreading misinformation, and contribute to the public good by communicating best practices.
  • edited March 28
    WY recently has 50 something cases, one of a handful of states below triple digits, but one county alone has 400 people quarantined with presumptive symptoms. Not enough tests here either.