Model 3

Autopilot Responding To Stoplights

Comments

• edited November -1
    That is exiciting. I just got my HW3 retrofit...
  • edited March 26
    Sweet. My fsd is ready!
  • edited March 27
    M3phan - By your lack of comment, I guess you weren't chosen either :-(

I never got my e-mail stating they would be pushing the software to my vehicle so I guess I, or we, won't be part of this go around....grrrrrrr.

I hate being average.....
  • JADJAD
    edited November -1
    I assume it is limited to hw3, but have not seen that confirmed.
  • edited March 27
    @ Whdame, yeah no EA on this one I guess. Sniff.
  • edited November -1
    Yay! Guess the programmers are working from home. ;)
  • edited March 27
    I've noticed that in some situations, stopped at the white line at lights, Model 3 can see the lights which show up but cannot see if they red or green, no color. In these cases, I can see them without leaning forward but the angle looks to acute for the front mirror cameras to get a color read from them.
  • edited March 27
    The next Autopilot update is not necessarily the next update. I’m betting there will be other updates before we see this one.
  • edited March 27
    My visualization shows red, yellow and green lights and they change in virtually real time.
  • edited November -1
    "The next Autopilot update is not necessarily the next update. "

Shouldn't it be called the next "Full Self Driving". I have AP, I don't have FSD.
  • edited March 27
    mine show the traffic lights, their colors and when those colors change. And I did something at 5:30 AM that on one hand, I'm not proud of but on the other, well, it's all about research.

With absolutely no traffic in sight in 4 directions, I deliberately ran a red light to see what happens. The answer: the UI blared at me, turned red and flashed the traffic lights at me. The car did not stop or attempt to slow down.

I have HW3 and 2020.12 4fbcc4b942a8
  • edited March 27
    thought you had to have FSD and HW3 for visualizations?
  • edited November -1
    @lbowroom. Correct. Fish contradicted himself, further exposing himself for the troll he is.
  • edited March 27
    lbowroom | March 27, 2020 thought you had to have FSD and HW3 for visualizations?"

Nope HW3 which came with my May 2019 LR AWD has option to turn on visualization. I see lights, stop signs, cones etc.
  • edited March 27
    M3phan-are you on 12 or 12.1 ?
  • edited March 27
    Fish has only bee posting since May, 2019??! How is that possible? Feels like a lifetime.
  • edited March 27
    @82bert Before he was posting as FISHEV he was posting using the username of EaglesPDX and was booted from this forum when he was using that name. He will not deny it but will try every deflection in attempt to steer people away from that fact.
  • edited March 27
    See what I mean, all deflection, no denial despite FISHEV aka EaglesPDX being an EVIL LIAR he cannot bring himself to deny that he used EaglesPDX as a username on this forum.

A most curious thing that the EVIL LIAR cannot bring himself to lie and deny that one fact.
  • edited March 27
    lbowroom | March 27, 2020

thought you had to have FSD and HW3 for visualizations?

No, HW3 is sufficient. I get viz, I don't have FSD.
  • edited November -1
    EaglePDX aka FishEV is known lier and Anti Tesla hater. Proven fact.
  • edited March 27
    82bert | March 27, 2020

"Fish has only bee posting since May, 2019??! How is that possible? Feels like a lifetime."

Since 2016.

I've only been on here since september last year, and I agree with your assessment of how it feels!
  • edited March 27
    I never admitted to being suspended twice for bad behavior which is an EVIL FISHEV Lie but he will not lie and deny that he used the EaglesPDX username here, a most curious thing that he will not lie about that fact.
  • edited March 27
    2020.12.1 just started rolling out today, and as I suspected, it doesn't include the AP changes.

@FISHEV: It was called the Autopilot update in the original Twitter reference, so that's what I called it. If the stop light behavior is only available in FSD, that will be the first functional difference between FSD and EAP (aside from visualizations), so that's a significant milestone.
  • edited March 27
    "If the stop light behavior is only available in FSD, that will be the first functional difference between FSD and EAP (aside from visualizations),"

EAP and FSD are related but current AP has on FSD features. We can see the visulization and only as a "peek preview" from Tesla so best to not confuse it and say "FSD" features vs. when Model 3 owners see in AP.