Model S

Insurance Discounts for COVID-19

edited November -1 in Model S
There are reports major insurers are sending out discount checks for cars being off the road ( less risk) during the shelter at home situation.
Anyone getting them for their Tesla?

Comments

• edited November -1
    I am with Nationwide and they are sending me $50, via my cc, of the $3000 I paid.
  • edited November -1
    Yep, me. USAA sent me a note that they are refunding 2 months of my auto insurance.
  • edited November -1
    The Hartford is giving 2 months of 15% discounts and waving late fees.. not for Tesla though...they wouldn’t insure the vehicle at the time I bought it.
  • edited April 2020
    @aikikiki USAA is refunding me 20%.
  • edited April 2020
    Progressive will be giving 20% discounts for April and May once it gets approval from the states... so that covers my Tesla...
  • edited November -1
    Tesla reduced their rates.
  • edited April 2020
    I have Geico ( Hartford won't insure our Tesla's).....Gieco hasn't told me of any discount so far.
  • edited November -1
    State Farm had an ad on TV yesterday about reducing rates for a 3 month period.
  • edited April 2020
    I think SF mentioned a $2B program.
  • edited November -1
    dougk71: Geiko isn't offering a discount, it's offering a credit. Mercury is doing the same.

https://www.geico.com/about/coronavirus/
  • edited November -1
    Nothing yet from Costco/Ameriprise, but I don't expect any refunds. It's a great PR move by insurers, who are saving an order of magnitude more than they are "giving back."
  • edited November -1
    RX - Costco, instead, will give you a 100-roll pack of TP, when it's available
  • edited November -1
    Free shipping on the TP? Lol
  • I am with Travellers and got an email about a 10 to 15% discount for March and April. Haven’t seen it yet .
  • edited April 2020
    I logged into my Progressive account and saw a notice about 20% reduction or refund for April and May.
  • edited April 2020
    Amica email indicated 20% discount for April and May.
  • edited November -1
    @M-A-B-MCMLXXX Thank you .
    .I was starting to think Geico was leaving me out.
    Geico sends lots of promotional e-mails ...so far nothing direct from them about the deferred rebate.
  • edited November -1
    Liberty Mutual is refunding 15% of 2 months auto premium for us.
  • edited November -1
    The Hartford is refunding the same as SbMD's Liberty Mutual for both of my MSes---15% of two months premium. Nice, but hard to get too excited. Comes to about $68 for me.
  • edited April 2020
    California is mandating that companies refund premiums for autos, amongst others.
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/networth/article/State-orders-insurers-to-give-refunds-on-6-kinds-15196074.php
  • edited November -1
    Those with Hartford bundled Home/Auto policies. Check your renewal notice for big increases in home insurance part. They jacked mine up over $600. Needed to change companies. They used to be fantastic for Tesla insurance, but now...not so much.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for that, @Uncle Paul.
  • edited November -1
    Uncle Paul, jeez, my Hartford home policy increased $200/yr on this month's renewal. I thought THAT was high until I just saw your post.
  • edited April 2020
    I was a Hartford customer with both Jags and Mercs for years. When got an MS in Dec 2018 they refused to insure it even though NHTSA said the MS was one of the safest vehicles.
    I had Hartford for home insurance immediately after hurricane Charlie they dropped out of Florida.
    Shame on me I kept the Hartford for auto until I got a Tesla.
    Now I hear they are insuring Tesla's a 180 deg turn. Really!
  • edited April 2020
    We have CSAA . One phone call and I got a $207 refund...