Model 3

"Tesla stock too high IMO" Elon Musk

edited November -1 in Model 3
Guess the trolls can rest easy as Elon is doing it for them. Stock heading down again.

Comments

• edited May 1
    IMO it was more about proving the people wrong who said he only wants to open up GF so that he can make his bonus/ Trying to show the factory opening is not tied to stock price (which his bonus is tied to)
  • edited May 1
    Howard, you are late to the party
  • edited May 1
    I'd do the same. But then again, i wouldnt change anything about my behavior in response to that nonsense. I'd continue doing exactly what i am doing. I would not feel the need to defend myself against accusations that have no evidence. That being said, especially given the fact that Elon spent the last of his own money back in 2008 to prevent SpaceX and Tesla from dying. I am sure that kind of person is worried about his bonus.
  • edited November -1
    And i also forgot to mention that he hasnt taken a dime from Tesla. If you do your research, legally Tesla is forced to pay him at least minimum wage. Find out if he ever cashed the paychecks.
  • edited May 1
    He said the same in 2013 when it hit 160 and again in 2017 when it hit 320. Meaningless to the longs.
  • edited May 1
    +100 @Bighorn

Except he’s said it a few more times. Tesla Daily Podcast has a good overview. He’s being honest that the plant closure is “material” to the value of Tesla.

Good for him. I’m buying more.
  • edited May 1
    Here’s the link

• edited November -1
    BUT, BUT, BUT, I am a big Elon fan, but not without reservations and expectations of "behavior for the common good." He has been quite restrained and thoughtful in his postings and tweets for the last many months, however this past week "he must have gone off his meds." Again?

Damn, Elon, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU POST! We hold our "leaders" more accountable than the lay public and you are one of "the leaders" in this society, and you MUST USE MEASURE WORDS AND REFLECT ON THE CONSEQUENCES of what you publicly post and utter. I am a Psychologist, and I KNOW this can be hard, and frustration in one venue boils over into other settings and times, HOWEVER PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go out in the back parking lot and yell at the moon or kick somebody else's car. Don't take ALL OF US down with your totally unnecessary and really thoughtless comments, e.g. "the stock is too high." or "this is a racist state." etc. You MUST be more nuanced and more diplomatic in HOW YOU express your concerns. Again, it IS HARD AT TIMES, but let's be honest, you have an IQ of well over 145, so you can THINK ABOUT what you about to express BEFORE it sputters out. PLEASE, you are a much better leader than this last week has shown. And if you cannot achieve social/verbal/commentary restraint, then....YOU SHOULD GIVE OVER PUBLIC LEADERSHIP TO SOMEONE ELSE THERE. Your "mis-steps" verbally and tweet wise are NOT acceptable as our corporate image leader.
  • edited May 1
    George, I know we are told to stay at home right now, but you still have to take your meds man.
  • edited November -1
    Could this tweet have broken the new SEC rules he was under to not tweet anything that can affect stock price without prior approvals?
  • edited May 1
    What about the SEC agreement? Hmm
  • edited May 1
    Just watched the video SamO linked to, and the guy briefly hits the main points of the SEC agreement, and believes musk may be off the hook.
  • edited November -1
    Unfortunately it moved the price right after his comments. Silly frustrations that need to be measured but I can’t imagine the pressure at his level. Rooting he is not in trouble again.
  • edited May 1
    SamO - thanks for posting that video. Seems well done. Looks like he may not get in trouble for this 'too high' comment unless the board has put some restrictions on him that we dont know about. After watching that one, youtube showed another video that covers more tweets, etc over the years, including later this morning. This guy makes lots of good points. George w SacEV - good to see ya! havent seen you post much lately. maybe you spend most your time on the MS forum? but, i have always thought your comments/posts were thoughtful and relevant. and your comment above continues that good tradition.
  • edited May 1
    Tesla stock price is too high imo

If anyone would have posted that here on these forums, the anti-trolls fanatics fanbois would horde to throw rocks and get on with the lapidation.

Now their great master backstabbed them and they feel like they have been raped in the middle of the day saying it out loud on Twitter
  • edited November -1
    I always thought the stock price was to a large extent the result of manipulation by bad actors and not representative of the intrinsic value of the company or it’s potential. My investment in Tesla is limited to my purchasing the SR+. Buying TSLA stock seems like pure gambling to me and I am too much of a sore loser to participate.
  • edited November -1
    George with SacEV, I agree with you. Elon creates difficulties for his customers, fans, and shareholders when he tweets stuff like this or makes the political comments he did during the Q1 results event. I think Elon is one great entrepreneur, a great engineer & scientist, but not such a good politician, and the CEO of a company as high profile as Tesla always has to watch what he says or tweets publicly.
  • edited May 1
    George with SacEV | May 1, 2020 "You [Musk] MUST be more nuanced and more diplomatic in HOW YOU express your concerns."

Just as well he is not so we can see his true character, same with Trump.
  • edited May 1
    Tough to argue with their overall results.
  • edited May 1
    Fake doc it's overpriced right now bc Tesla factory shut.
  • edited May 1
    Let me know what he smoked today, must be great stuff, :o:
  • edited May 2
    @Lonestar10_1999, a roughly $2100 purchase of Tesla stock about a week after it went IPO paid for my M3 in August of 2018 when it hit just under $380 per share. Sometimes a small investment is worth the gamble.
  • edited May 2
    I imagine Musk is frustrated that his company is going to show poor results for the next quarter. Maybe more upset because his baby is being withheld from him.
    From my corner of the world I'd agree with his take on the back to work issue.
  • edited November -1
    I remember 2013. I had just bought my first Tesla shares. And he knocked them down. But I forgive him. I've bought all my shares at $200 or less. I had 500 at one time. I'm buying a Y with my profits - that and a 2014 P85 S as a trade-in.
  • edited May 2
    He's going to get in trouble with the S.E.C. again. I had asked him to say something negative. I just bought some more. Wow - he knocked it down over $70 a share.