General

Brilliant essay

edited November -1 in General
This is the most eloquent description of Trump. The Brits write so eloquently
https://coming42.livejournal.com/479179.html

Comments

• edited November -1
    “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief. "

Just a few things.
  • edited May 9
    but his cult cheer him
  • edited November -1
    These comments on humor make a point I never realized. Trump has no sense of humor.

"Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty. "
  • edited November -1
    Thanks @SCCRENDO, agree the best description of our TURD POTUS I have seen. I especially liked the point at end that if Frankenstein were to make a monster entirely out of flawed parts, that monster would be trump.
  • edited November -1
    This correlates to a lot of maga hatters here

The mutant version has lost the humour gene
  • edited May 9
    MAGAts love trump because he promotes an "other" to blame their miserable lives on
  • edited May 9
    i have yet to have read anyone on these forums who has explicitly stated they love trump
  • edited November -1
    Count me out.
    A nation built on lies, lies down as a Nation.
    R1:2020
  • edited May 23
    Thanks for the bump. The essay was brilliant and why Trump must go. US democracy will never survive a second term.

No Trump wants to restart testing nuclear bombs.

"US officials have debated whether to carry out the first US nuclear tests in 28 years as a way to pressure Russia and China into make a trilateral arms control deal, according congressional aides and former officials."
  • edited November -1
    I hope people can read what FISH just wrote supporting the spam saying the essay was brilliant when there is no essay, its an essay writing service ad.

+1 to the response generator bot.
  • edited November -1
    ‘Shakespeare of shit’

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited May 24
    Interesting tread
  • edited November -1
    Forwarded to a bunch of people who will like the essay. Thanks, OP!
  • edited November -1
    Well the essay is spot on about Trump.

Didn't notice Trump's total lack of humor until the author pointed it out.
  • edited June 11
    yes
  • edited June 11
    Frankenstrumpf
  • edited June 11
    @FishEV "Didn't notice Trump's total lack of humor until the author pointed it out."

Color me surprised.
  • thank you it was very helpful
  • edited June 29
    yes
  • edited June 29
    andy.connor.e | May 9, 2020
    i have yet to have read anyone on these forums who has explicitly stated they love trump

Can you imagine those lips seeking their prey?
  • edited November -1
    I love Trump

He makes Canada look awesome
  • edited June 30
    well played
  • edited November -1
    ...they say that when New Zealanders move to Australia it raises the IQ levels in both countries.

Desperately trying to make up an equivalent for ^@Orthopods post, need help. Brain not working.
  • edited November -1
    I love Trump, he makes republicans die by convincing them not to wear masks
  • edited July 1
    @Opod That’s the glass half full