General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

7 seater Tesla Model Y

2»

Comments

• edited May 2020
    "The front and rear crumple zones of a car are designed to collapse at a force which transmits a 20g horizontal deceleration to the rigid passenger cage."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/crumple-zone

"In 1965, Ford introduced a twin I-beam construction to the front suspension, something that would remain in F-150s all the way to 1996."

They are called C-beams today, some strength and purpose, but lighter.
  • edited November -1
    Crumple zones: Cool story bro, but the rear end of the model Y is a rigid box.

C-beams: Cool story bro, but you said a car getting hit from the front of an f150 would have all the force concentrated in a 1 square foot cross sectional area I beam, which FWIW is larger than what’s used in sky scraper construction.

Your links to real things don’t make your machinations also real.
  • edited May 2020
    One of the thinge Tesla did in the 7 seater Model S was install dual shoulder harnesses to restrain passangers in the case of rear impact.

For overall safety, the rear facing seats would be much safer for passengers than anyplace else for frontal or side impacts (most common) compared to the much more rare and usually much less violent rear impacts.
  • edited May 2020
    7 seater tesla Car! it is just a wow news. I am definitely own this car, I called it family pack care and use it to go to office at https://myassignmenthelp.com/au/kaplan-assignment-answers.html and go to long drive with family.
  • edited November -1
    @Uncle Paul | May 22, 2020 For overall safety, the rear facing seats would be much safer for passengers than anyplace else for frontal or side impacts (most common) compared to the much more rare and usually much less violent rear impacts."

No evidence that rear facing seats in the car's rear crumple zone are any safer in side impacts, depends on where the side impact occurs.

Rear ender collisions are so prevalent that AutoBraking is near standard equipment in cars in order to prevent it. Sitting in the crumple zone in the back, an area designed to compress and absorb energy in a rear impact is the last place anyone should sit. Probably should be forbidden for kids to sit there.

"Vehicles equipped with front crash prevention are much less likely to rear-end other vehicles, IIHS has found in the first study of the feature's effectiveness using U.S. police-reported crash data.

Systems with automatic braking reduce rear-end crashes by about 40 percent on average, while forward collision warning alone cuts them by 23 percent, the study found. The autobrake systems also greatly reduce injury crashes.

If all vehicles had been equipped with autobrake that worked as well as the systems studied, there would have been at least 700,000 fewer police-reported rear-end crashes in 2013. That number represents 13 percent of police-reported crashes overall."

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/front-crash-prevention-slashes-police-reported-rear-end-crashes
  • edited May 2020
    Pretty bold statements from a Model Y non-owner
  • 7 seater tesla is a very interesting car. I like this beauty because the ride is very comfortable and relax. I am a writer in https://www.bestassignmentservices.com.pk and after my work hours, me and my friend go for a long ride on this beauty.
  • The third row seats in the Y will be forward facing. If you go to the Y page you will see an interior picture that shows the third row seat belts and their respective angle shows you that it would be forward facing. I don't know where those passenger's legs would go, but even during the reveal, no one hopped out of the rear hatch as one would if the third row was rear facing.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: Now the fish is saying a rigid square frame is a crumple zone. "

Well car mfgs and IIHS.org call that a crumple zone.

> That’s almost as good as the massive I-beam he imagined sticking out of the front of Ford F-150s like a knight’s lance."

Actually called C-beams now but still a frame vs. a monoque construction like Model Y. It's just too small for seven seats.
  • Anybody has seen a video of the look of the rear facing seats during the reveal?

It is the most mysterious aspect of the 21th century