Model 3

Traffic cones

edited November -1 in Model 3
Sorry if this was already posted.
I noticed last week that if traffic cones are laying on their side, the screen shows them laying down. Just another incremental improvement to the AP software.
Just thought I’d share.

Comments

• edited June 30
    I also noticed that pedestrians now have their legs animated. I lean more towards that being unnecessary than an improvement.
  • edited November -1
    But the legs are animated in the direction that the pedestrians are moving; no more cardboard cutouts sidiling left and right. Probably means more accurate pedestrian speed and direction processing.
  • edited November -1
    The visualization are only there to let us know how well the car is understanding its surroundings. So while all of this is unnecessary, it does what it is designed to do. Make us humans feel safer.
  • edited July 1
    I love it all, bring it! And I don’t miss the dancing pirouetting cars one bit. Lol.
  • edited November -1
    mrburke: "The visualization are only there to let us know how well the car is understanding its surroundings. So while all of this is unnecessary, it does what it is designed to do. Make us humans feel safer."

I agree completely. Marking a car as red, showing a light as green, showing a road arrow, showing a garbage can, those are all just to provide the driver with confidence that the car is properly processing what its sensors are telling it.
  • edited November -1
    I find it all pretty damn impressive.
    Makes me smile.

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Remember when dancing cars were all the rage and outrage?
  • edited July 1
    I loved those too!
    And when all the vehicles looked like Teslas!

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited November -1
    And I thought the dancing cars was cool.
  • edited November -1
    And I thought the dancing cars was cool.
  • edited July 1
    I'm waiting for the pedestrian icons to reflect gender.
  • edited November -1
    @Family.Joules: well that will just offend someone then.
  • edited November -1
    @Family.Joules...perhaps Tesla will hand out QR Code stickers for binary people to attach to their clothing so passing Teslas screens display a big ? over their heads!
  • edited July 1
    I couldn't believe it but yes, it shows if a traffic cone is on its side. But even more amazing is that (FSD) stopped the car to allow a black cat crossing the street. All kinds of images are showing up now.
    Congrats to the AI team.
  • edited July 1
    I personally prefer the garbage truck image that I followed the other day. Awesome.
  • edited July 1
    Driving by a parked car with the door opening my car stopped as a girl had jumped out and ran behind my car. It sees much more than any person with 2 eyes can see. The trash cans also are funny to see. just remarkable.
  • edited November -1
    I miss every nearby car being a reindeer though :-(
    . . . but I'll get over it.
    Go Tesla!
  • I too find the visualizations impressive, but even though it can see them, the car doesn’t do a great job driving around cones or cars that infringe on my lane on city streets. I regularly have to take control to avoid impact. Does that match everyone else’s experience as well? Seems like a critical next element for FSD.
  • edited November -1
    @Family.Joules wanting to see pedestrian icons with family jewels. I see what you did there.
  • edited July 2
    I guess the visualisations are all fine, until you get some rain on the motorway and have the 'right fender camera obscured' message and all the tech becomes an expensive ride-along .......

Literally anytime the road is wet, my cameras intermittently stop working, which is a bit of a pain living in the north of England.