Model 3

Model 3 for sale?

edited November -1 in Model 3
Anyone selling their Model 3, or know someone who is selling their used Model 3?

Comments

• edited August 2
    @andy Look at onlyusedtesla.com

Tesla owners selling their cars (all models) from all over the country.
  • edited August 2
    Thanks! Kind of annoying though cannot sort by price low to high.
  • edited August 2
    True, but you can sort by Model and Year Manufactured.
  • edited August 2
    What area are you looking at?
  • edited August 2
    I don't know anyone who is selling. Let alone, I don't know anyone who owns one.
    When My cousin and uncle and nephew owns their own Tesla, TSLA will be $50000 per share.
  • edited November -1
    Capital District area NY, but really if the price is right it can be shipped from anywhere.

Does anyone think that selling the few TSLA shares i have and getting Model Y is bad move? Its not that many and have already more than doubled investment.
  • edited August 3
    Will you regret selling when it hits $10,000 a share?
  • edited November -1
    Maybe, it would be giving up a free tri-motor.
  • edited August 3
    @andy: Hmm. Interesting question. If you're selling 10% of your Tesla shares, sure, do a little profit taking and get yourself a Model Y. If it's 90% of your stake, I'd think twice.
    Seriously, Tesla is having fun growing exponentially. There will eventually be some "flattening of the curve" down the road when the competition tries to get caught up, but we're talking five to ten years, minimum, I think. Further, Tesla is aiming at market disruption in Solar Power generation and taxi service. Despite the trolls left, right, and center, both here and in the so-called mainstream media who don't quite realize what they're looking at, the stock price is headed up.
    My suspicion is that $5,000 a share by the end of 2021 is a real possibility. Certainly $2000 a share.
    A Model Y is a good investment, say, for a car: It's going to hold its value better than anything else besides another Tesla. But all cars lose value from the moment one pays for them. That's not true about the stock.
    I suppose that if the Taxi approach and FSD kicks in, then one will be able to make money renting out the car; again, better value and income than with any other car.
    I'd hang onto the stock, myself.
  • edited November -1
    @andy,
    Go for it and get a Y (or 3), but finance it. The monthly payments are like 1/2 a share at the current rate, it's not like you can add many shares to your portfolio by saving on the monthly payments. With this approach, you will have minimal impact on your TSLA while still enjoying a Tesla.
    If the question in the OP was to scout a car for yourself, then I'd recommend well used 3 over a Y. The 3s are holding up very nicely, and with luck, you might find a high mileage 3 - you get to pay a lower price for a car that's just as good as new.
  • edited August 3
    @vmulla

thanks, i've found a few 2018's in Utah for about $35k-$37k. Would have to ship it, but i get to use it for almost 3 years waiting for cybertruck, it might be worth it.
  • edited November -1
    Im conflicted over a 2018 LR RWD, or a 2019 SR+ RWD.

2019 is about $4000 more. Getting close to that point where a RWD Model Y would be maybe $4k-$5k more than the 3.
  • edited November -1
    @andy - In NY, get the LR if you can do it. You won't regret having the additional range available.
  • edited August 3
    agreed. found a few locally, and a few that would need to ship. hopefully they dont try to hose me
  • edited August 3
    @andy.connor.e,
    Since you've shared your preference for a Cybertruck, I am assuming that any car you buy will have a future in Tesla's rental/ride-share fleet. From that point of view, Perf or AWD models aren't the best bang for the buck.
    I prefer the SR+ because it has an adequate range for most needs, and will keep costs down, plus, what difference does range make if it's going to be rented out in the future anyway?
    This line of thought only holds if you're comfortable renting your car out in the future.

As far as avoiding getting hosed - here are a few numbers. I requested a trade-in value for my 2018 LR RWD FSD car with ~60K miles. I was offered ~33K by Tesla 2 days ago. I hope that helps.
  • edited August 3
    Wow that's a good money for such a high mileage
  • edited August 3
    @vmulla

Ya i found a few within 200 miles away that are about $39,900 under 50k miles. Already reached out. Not sure that the ones in the $37k range that would need to be shipped over 1000 miles would be much different in price after i pay for shipping. We'll see. I completely agree with the future in Tesla portion though. None of the ones im looking at have FSD purchased, one has EAP. But What i thought about is after FSD is released to buy a couple Model 3's and have them run as cabs all day. I could potentially make all of my money back on the Model 3, and im considering that if FSD with ride sharing becomes a thing before the Cybertruck comes out, i would just keep the Model 3 and use it as a full time cab.

I think the hardest thing is going to get market trade in value for my current car. Regardless of that its in pretty much pristine condition clean title 35k miles.
  • edited November -1
    I have a T3 that I'm selling. 11,200 miles, white on white. Colorado. Interested?
  • edited August 3
    FSD, Long range, AWD, 19" wheels, dual motors, custom mats for inside, trunk, lower trunk and frunk. tire inflator kit
  • edited November -1
    FSD, Long range, AWD, 19" wheels, dual motors, custom mats for inside, trunk, lower trunk and frunk. tire inflator kit
  • edited August 3
    [email protected]

"Not sure that the ones in the $37k range that would need to be shipped over 1000 miles would be much different in price after i pay for shipping."

You don't have to ship it. You could go pick it up. That would be a lot of fun.
  • edited August 3
    [email protected]

"Not sure that the ones in the $37k range that would need to be shipped over 1000 miles would be much different in price after i pay for shipping."

You don't have to ship it. You could go pick it up. That would be a lot of fun.
  • edited August 3
    looking for a used one under $41,000
  • edited August 3
    @rob

Normally i would agree to a road trip, but under these circumstances, cross country trip staying in random hotels during this pandemic while i am a very high risk individual would be a poor decision :(