Regional Communities

Hawaii

This is a new forum for all the Tesla drivers in Hawaii. I just relocated to Hawaii (from S. Korea) and bought a new Model Y, and my wife's Model 3 is on a boat from S. Korea headed for Hawaii. We see lots of Tesla owner's on the island, but we don't see a dedicated regional forum for us. So let's get started!

Comments

• I'm on Oahu. We have "his & hers" Model 3s in our garage, and we're hoping to have Tesla solar and 2 Powerwalls installed soon. Just waiting on HECO to give us their approval. Then our Teslas will be powered by the Hawaiian sun!
  • We are not here. We are there.
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/hawaii.120/
  • > @fstop11 said:
    > I'm on Oahu. We have "his & hers" Model 3s in our garage, and we're hoping to have Tesla solar and 2 Powerwalls installed soon. Just waiting on HECO to give us their approval. Then our Teslas will be powered by the Hawaiian sun!

Aloha! Just picked up our first EV and it's a MY! We also have solar & 2 PW as well. My recommendation, see if you can add more PV panels. Prior to picking up our MY, our 5.99 kW/h system (mind you we're out in Ewa where there is nothing but sun) doesn't quite get to 5.99kW and if were running our ACs (common in Ewa) we're not quite filling our 2 PW. You might need to ask for more PV panels if you want to fully fill your 2 PW and charge your cars during the day.
  • Hello all! New MY owner. Just a quick question, how fast did it take for you to get your post-delivery email to sync your car with the app? I was told it was immediately after taking ownership of the vehicle. It is now 24 hours and still no email or anything. Unfortunately, it is also the weekend so looks like I can't call the service center at Auahi. Thoughts?