Well, at least it feels that way when I try to play music via USB.
I'm a new (as of July 2nd) owner of a Model 3. There's so much about this car I love, and no end of the hate I have for the USB media player. For all the technology that comes with these cars, I'm just really disappointed in how this thing works, and even more so because there are postings about these shortfalls dating back YEARS. And the ginormous hoops that people have jumped through the make this player work the way they want.
Here's the short list of the bugs that I've encountered:
* Stuttered playback - It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens way more than it should. Every once in a while the music playback will pause for a moment, for up to a little more than a second.
* Forgetful - Every three or four times when I get into my car (like right now when I went to the garage to check some functionality), the Media Player loses its memory of what it was playing (reminder: I was in the middle of my favorite album).
* Forgetful, part II - When I switch away from USB media to, say, the radio, when I go back to USB, well, it loses its memory of what it was playing (reminder: I was STILL in the middle of my favorite album, which I had to restart again).
* Forgetful, part III - Sometimes when I'm navigating (e.g., browsing by artist, then into one of their albums), when I go back to the artist list is takes me to the top of the list (i.e., the A's of the alphabetized artists). Remember, my priority is on driving the car, not navigating my music list.
This player has many shortcomings compared with other media players (hence the crank windows statement)
* I can play ALL of my songs in random order, or I can play all of the songs in a particular album in random order. What I would love to have, mostly because my Acura, made in 2006 (that's 14 years ago, for those not wanting to do the math) is to randomly pick an album, then play that whole album. And when it's done, do another random album pick and play that one. And so on.
* Playlists. Nothing more to be said here. Being able to import them somehow would be icing on the cake.
* If we can't have playlists then queues would be a really nice alternative. And I would want the ability to add individual songs as well as entire albums. Of course, please keep the random playback order capability!
I know that there's a lot of software in these vehicles, and I certainly understand and appreciate priorities in the sense of where the developers spend their time. But as I stated in the beginning, these problems have existed for years. It's about time someone paid a little attention to them.