Cybertruck

Pre-orders

How many pre-orders do they have for the Cyber Truck?

Comments

• Last number I saw was 650,000
  • Rob Maurer from Tesla Daily while interviewing Jim Cramer this past week said his latest info is that reservations are nearing close to 1,000,000.
    Elon has said that Tesla will need several years to full fill the preorders.
    Even if 50% cancel, that’s still half a million.
    Elon said that Cyber preorders exceeded their wildest expectations.
    Before Cyber, largest preorder was for Model 3, which was over 400,000.
  • VERY glad I ordered early. The 1,000,000th customer is 3-4 years out.
  • Dear Tesla customer service,
    I booked Cybertruck online on May 29, 2020, and paid a deposit of $100. I haven't received any news from you until now.
    I just want to confirm whether my order is valid, can you give me a feedback?
    Does it include telling me some information about my reservation?
    How can I retrieve my reservation information?
  • > @Sherman6618 said:
    > Dear Tesla customer service,
    > I booked Cybertruck online on May 29, 2020, and paid a deposit of $100. I haven't received any news from you until now.
    > I just want to confirm whether my order is valid, can you give me a feedback?
    > Does it include telling me some information about my reservation?
    > How can I retrieve my reservation information?

I'm not sure if you are serious about asking your question here on this forum.

If you are, you should know that you likely won't here anything at all until the factory is built and they are nearing the start of production. Until then there is nothing to really contact customers about, unless they send out an email when they have confirmed all the production model specs.

Also if you orded a single motor, production is about two years away.
  • @Sherman6618

Go to your account page on Tesla's website, most of the information you are looking for is there.
  • > @CyberMoose said:
    > > @Sherman6618 said:
    > > Dear Tesla customer service,
    > > I booked Cybertruck online on May 29, 2020, and paid a deposit of $100. I haven't received any news from you until now.
    > > I just want to confirm whether my order is valid, can you give me a feedback?
    > > Does it include telling me some information about my reservation?
    > > How can I retrieve my reservation information?
    >
    > I'm not sure if you are serious about asking your question here on this forum.
    >
    > If you are, you should know that you likely won't here anything at all until the factory is built and they are nearing the start of production. Until then there is nothing to really contact customers about, unless they send out an email when they have confirmed all the production model specs.
    >
    > Also if you orded a single motor, production is about two years away.

Hello CyberMoose said:
    Thank you for providing the information. Since we did not register the account information at the time of booking, we cannot see any information of my previous bookings in the newly registered account.
  • > @Sherman6618 said:
    > Thank you for providing the information. Since we did not register the account information at the time of booking, we cannot see any information of my previous bookings in the newly registered account.

How did you place a reservation if you did not create an account?
  • In his head?
  • I think pre orders are so high because of the $100 deposit. Everyone just wanted to be able to say and show that they reserved one for bragging rights. When it actually comes out I'd say 1/3 of the reservations will fully commit and once they see how long it is and that it is a nightmare to park (let along in an average sized garage) it will prob go down to around 20% taking delivery. The lines on it are so flat and sharp it was obviously the cheapest way they could construct them.
  • Thanks genius. How about you wait and see.
  • CyberTruck will be most sold Tesla ever! Pickup trucks is where the money is that is why Elon decided to make truck before compact cheap Tesla.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > CyberTruck will be most sold Tesla ever! Pickup trucks is where the money is that is why Elon decided to make truck before compact cheap Tesla.

I highly doubt the Cybertruck will eclipse the 3 on units sold. If you get one hopefully you are a contractor or similar because otherwise it's not practical for everyday use e.g. going to the grocery store or anywhere where there's tight parking (including normal home garages).
  • @bassbone1 said: "once they see how long it is and that it is a nightmare to park (let along in an average sized garage)"

Do I need to post the lengths that Ford trucks are available in again? Cybertruck is definitely not the longest.

I have an 'average' size garage (24' x 34'). I will have no problems fitting the Cybertrunk in there along with my M3, motorcycle, lawn mower, and the rest of my stuff.

Also: "The lines on it are so flat and sharp it was obviously the cheapest way they could construct them."

Sounds like the words of a Tesla fan to me.
  • I pre-ordered 2, one Dual Motor, and One Tri-Motor. The 1st was ordered couple hours after Elon said Pre-orders start now, and is the Dual Motor at spot 50K in line. The other was in June prior to the FSD jumped to 8K to lock in the 7K price on both a Dual Motor and a Tri-Motor while I decide which one I will actually pull the trigger and get. Then cancel the other. The Tri-Motor is 750K in line so I could see the possibility them being at 1 Million reservations now.
    I will base the decision to determine if they release 1 version or 2 versions of the Dual Motor. If they only have the 300 mile range then I would wait till the Tri Motor can be built several years later. I would rather if they release a Dual Motor SR and LR with the larger battery to get 500+ miles range.
  • > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > @WW_spb said:
    > > CyberTruck will be most sold Tesla ever! Pickup trucks is where the money is that is why Elon decided to make truck before compact cheap Tesla.
    >
    > I highly doubt the Cybertruck will eclipse the 3 on units sold. If you get one hopefully you are a contractor or similar because otherwise it's not practical for everyday use e.g. going to the grocery store or anywhere where there's tight parking (including normal home garages).

I am sorry I don't live in Europe where people live in hobbit huts.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > @bassbone1 said: "once they see how long it is and that it is a nightmare to park (let along in an average sized garage)"
    >
    > Do I need to post the lengths that Ford trucks are available in again? Cybertruck is definitely not the longest.
    >
    > I have an 'average' size garage (24' x 34'). I will have no problems fitting the Cybertrunk in there along with my M3, motorcycle, lawn mower, and the rest of my stuff.
    >
    > Also: "The lines on it are so flat and sharp it was obviously the cheapest way they could construct them."

It's a fact the Cybertruck will be hard to park and will not fit (easily at least) in most garages in the US. Also, it's a fact that it is way less expensive and easier to make sharp lined cars. Think el camino.
  • "It's a fact the Cybertruck will be hard to park and will not fit (easily at least) in most garages in the US. Also, it's a fact that it is way less expensive and easier to make sharp lined cars. Think el camino."

Care to post a link to either of those two "facts"?
  • The Cybertruck is the exact same length as a Ford F150 SuperCab with a 6 1/2 ' box. It is 1 1/2' shorter than a SuperCab with an 8' box.

All three will fit in an average 2 1/2 stall (24' x 24') garage (two at a time).

Those are facts bub.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > The Cybertruck is the exact same length as a Ford F150 SuperCab with a 6 1/2 ' box. It is 1 1/2' shorter than a SuperCab with an 8' box.
    >
    > All three will fit in an average 2 1/2 stall (24' x 24') garage (two at a time).
    >
    > Those are facts bub.

Ok, but are soccer moms really going to be driving them, prob not. Yes if you are a contractor fine, but that's a niche market.
  • > @jjs said:
    > VERY glad I ordered early. The 1,000,000th customer is 3-4 years out.

So if you were to reserve now we are looking at a 2025-2026 delivery then.
  • Who said anything about soccer moms being the ones driving the Cybertruck?

Stop being disingenuous. The majority of the people that are going to buy a four door pickup truck from Tesla would have probably bought a four door pickup truck from Ford, GM, or, Ram if the Tesla were not available.

And they are going to park their CT wherever they would have parked any other truck.
  • He is paid troll for Fixer.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > He is paid troll for Fixer.

I wish, I could use the cash. I'm a Tesla owner and for now I really enjoy driving it. In a couple years that may very well change due to the other options that will be out at that time.
  • It's also funny that you think only contractors drive truck. Come to the south and take a look.