Cybertruck

Versatility - What will you use the CT for?

As I have read just a few of the thread on the CT. It has become obvious that this vehicle is potentially the Swiss army knife (but instead of doing many things pretty good, it will do many things very well) of vehicles.

I plan on using it primarily for long trips. It is going to be our cruiser. Big, spacious, comfortable, safe, and long range. Will also use it to haul stuff a few times a month. But basically day-to-day transportation and cruiser.

What will you be using it for? Plowing, towing, industrial?

Comments

• Towing: large enclosed cargo trailers, 37’ Travel trailer, fishing boats, pontoon boat.

Snow plowing.

Hauling needs : mulch, stone, soil, lumber, tools, ATV, etc...

Everyday travel

Long range travel (500mi)
  • Same as jjs.

We travel almost monthly to visit family and also Flyball events with our dogs. My wife’s Prius V is just not big enough to take everything we need on our trips. Before this was revealed we were going to get a Model X, but with the lockable vault, range, cost. It’s perfect for us.

Plus I won’t have to wrap it.
  • It'll be nice to have big truck capability without a big truck gasoline bill. I expect I'll use it as a daily driver and for personal utility and recreational uses like camping. And as an apocalypse bug out vehicle if needed ;-).

Truthfully, I'd prefer a smaller vehicle sized like a Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger... or I'd love a full sized Cybervan. I'm looking forward to learning what the actual production dimensions will be. Elon has indicated that it will be just a bit smaller than the prototype and I'm fine with that.

I hope it may be possible to fit a slide in truck camper in it. Or otherwise I might tow a nice shiny classic Airstream with it.
  • I had a Ram before and I will use CyberBadassery same way I used Ram. Home depot runs, taking kids for a hike and everything in between. If I get it with optional solar panel I will do camping too.
  • > @msmirandagirl_98104644 said:
    > It'll be nice to have big truck capability without a big truck gasoline bill. I expect I'll use it as a daily driver and for personal utility and recreational uses like camping. And as an apocalypse bug out vehicle if needed ;-).
    >
    > Truthfully, I'd prefer a smaller vehicle sized like a Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger... or I'd love a full sized Cybervan. I'm looking forward to learning what the actual production dimensions will be. Elon has indicated that it will be just a bit smaller than the prototype and I'm fine with that.
    >
    > I hope it may be possible to fit a slide in truck camper in it. Or otherwise I might tow a nice shiny classic Airstream with it.
    Elon stated it would be smaller, but later retracted that statement. Smaller version may come later.
  • @akgolf , Elon later said that dimensions will not change after reviewing it with Franz.
  • @ WW_spb. Pretty sure that’s what I said.

Plus smaller version may come later.

“ While Tesla has scrapped plans to reduce the size of the Cybertruck, Elon Musk now says that the automaker is 'highly likely' to make a smaller version of the electric pickup for Europe.”
  • @akgolf, sorry missed it at the end.
  • The CT is definitely larger than I would like.

It would replace my very well used diesel G-wagen, which is mostly used for overlanding. Much rethinking would be needed as the current vehicle has a pop-top roof. Parking brake to sleeping bag in under two minutes.
  • I know saying everything does nothing, so ill try. Owning a house, i would move things around like blocks, rocks, or stuff for outside landscaping. Can finally transport furniture. Lock items in the bed, and protect items in the bed from the weather which is something i couldnt do with the first truck i drove. Im interested in that swing out burner thing for camping. There is probably more but from a functionality perspective the rest i'd have to say is just what i like about it.
  • Agree with JJS, will use CT for a lot of travels and outdoor stuff besides commute and hauling. Do any of you guys have update about the solar panel option? I reserved the tri-motor, but am still concerned about the 500+ miles range when spending days at national parks with limited access to charging stations (just came back from yellowstone). The solar panel would be a great supplement.
  • One would assume that the range would increase at the lower speeds one would experience off-road.
    The diesel vehicle I use for exploring has the same benefit. It gets only 20-30% better efficiency than the gas version in normal driving. Traveling off-road the range difference is more like 2:1.
  • Striking up conversations, hence, its name: Cytriker!
  • Everything; commuting, dirt biking, cutting wood, hauling the same stuff we do with the F250 PSD now. It WILL be cool to see the solar aspects develop, charge it with a solar power wall, etc.....
  • I plan to use it just like I use my M3. Driving to and from work, mostly. An occasional trip to our mountain cabin, and helping my kids move (which they do all too frequently).
  • I plan on a 13000 kilometre trip around North America with my son and his son and daughter. Will take about a month and touch such places as Drumheller, West Edmonton Mall, Banff, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, DisneyLand, etc. An epic undertaking and test of Tesla’s long range capacity.
  • @28doug46 - That sounds like a great trip. Start a thread and keep us informed as it unfolds!
  • We need to get a vaccine for Covid 19 so we can travel between countries and I will need to get a Cybertruck for its long range. I don’t see this happening until July/August 2022.
  • It will be my everything...
    work, play and mobile home.
    will install solar and ladder rack
    can't wait to get it
  • David N, I don’t think you will be doing any snow plowing in the CT. The CT isn’t being built “body on frame”. There, best to my knowledge, a strong enough frame point to secure a snow plow. Tesla’s are unibody and I don’t recall seeing any unibodied trucks with plows bolted to them.
  • I will hack the Cybertruck to allow remote control and coordination of a Cybertruck army controlled by an evil A.I. that will conquer the world. The stainless steel exoskeleton is purrrfect for welding on a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. I am Cyberdyne and I am here.
  • Techy James has my idea.
  • Hauling gravel, rocks for landscaping, winch for pulling logs out of the woods, weekend runs to our cabin. Wonder if we will be able to put a winch on the front. Putting it on the back will probably interfere with the ramp.
  • I cannot wait for our Cybertruck!!! It will be my husband's daily driver (we'll trade in one of our Model 3s). That's not very interesting though. We're stoked for the camping mode!!!!! We used to have a diesel Silverado and towed a 32' camper. We might decide to get a camper again, but I'm more excited to take the Cybertruck into the wilds of Utah where we can go offroad with that range and solar.

I also plan to make all gas trucks look slow and dumb every chance I get!!!