Solar Roof

Tesla Solar Roof Refund

I paid $1,000 deposit for Tesla Solar Roof in 2017. Did not hear back from Tesla till May 2020 when I received an email from them mentioning that they could not offer solar roof in my region in Atlanta, GA and would refund my deposit in 7 business days. Fast forward to September 2020, after 3-4 phone calls with Tesla, waiting on the line for 20-30 minutes each time, confirming my address several times to receive the refund check, I still have not received my deposit refund! It's unfortunate that you cannot trust a large US company with $1,000 of your money. At this point, I have no choice but filing a complaint with federal bureau of consumer protection as the next step.

Comments

• Or you can dispute the original charge with your credit card company.
  • Disputing a charge has to be done in 60 days of the charge but pestering the Tesla people just takes a phone call or e-mail. Many customer service people, in all companies, are having problems working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, so, be patient and keep calling. What else are we going to do during the next two years?