Solar Roof

Solar Roof - South Florida

My home is undergoing a major home remodel in the coming months. We are currently pulling permits for the work and gathering more info. from Tesla.

My contractor is aware and willing to help us work with Tesla.

However, I want to know who I can speak to about installing the Solar Roof in South Florida. And I would like to see any examples of the Solar Roof process from anyone in South Florida.

Cheers 🙏

Comments

• I thought the solar roof can't yet be installed in Florida. My understanding is Florida requires new roofs to support at least 170 mph winds. Tesla has only tested to 166 mph. I think Tesla is going to retest it, but until the test is certified, I think you may be limited to the panel roof.
  • @nikolatesla - See this thread in the General forum: https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/174526/solar-tiles-in-se-florida
  • @"TeslaTap.com" - The 170mph requirement applies to southeast FL, but 166mph is good enough for other parts of the state. There have been Solar Roof installations elsewhere in FL.
  • @EVRider - I thought it was statewide, but that makes sense. Thanks!
  • Spammer flagged, but the Solar Roof installation they referred to is in central FL.

I ended up canceling my Solar Roof order. Will go with panels instead, post construction. Will probably use a local Tesla Certified installer rather than working directly with Tesla.
  • > @EVRider said:
    > Spammer flagged, but the Solar Roof installation they referred to is in central FL.
    >
    > I ended up canceling my Solar Roof order. Will go with panels instead, post construction. Will probably use a local Tesla Certified installer rather than working directly with Tesla.

Thank you so much @EVRider I am working on finding local authorized retailers / installers for the Pompano Beach / Boca Raton area in South Florida.

Any references and/or new information is greatly appreciated.

Hope everything works out with those solar panels. Let me know how it all goes.
  • @nikolatesla - Tesla provided me with this link to find certified installers: https://www.tesla.com/support/certified-installers-powerwall
  • Any News about Solar roof in south florida ????
  • Where are the Tesla roof managers for South florida ?