Solar Roof

Tesla Reneging On Referral Credit

Anyone else cracked the code on how to get Tesla to pay up on a promised referral credit?

Two years ago, I referred my neighbor. At the time, Tesla confirmed they saw the referral in their system, but said hey were undergoing some changes so payments would be delayed. I let it go a few months, called back and got the same answer. I did that a few times, same answer, no payment. After a while, the agents starting acting confused when I called. After checking the system, they said they would need to talk to disbursements and then get back to me. No call back. I went through this silliness every few weeks for about a half dozen times. NEVER ONCE HAS TESLA DONE WHAT IT PROMISED. I am pretty sure they can afford the $400 they owe me. I just cannot seem to get to anyone that cares and can do something about it.

Anyone have any suggestions or a similar experience?

Comments

• I was supposed to get money and the powerwall for referring 5 customers to get solar. My cries fell on deaf ears. I tried [email protected], I tried every solar email possible. They make up stuff "Oh, one installation went through too late." "Our system says you received your prize already, I can't change our system." "You didn't claim your prize in time, now it's too late." Tesla is basically just saying "Screw you and kick rocks" whenever I ask. I've given up. I refer everyone to SunRun now because the sales guys and install guys are professional. They get the job done in a few weeks from signing to install. They don't have a million roof limitations like Tesla. Tesla Solar and Tesla Service SUCKS! (This is all coming from a guy loves so much that I got 20+ family members to buy Teslas and I've sunk every paycheck into Tesla stock for the last 5 years. As a shareholder and fanatic, Elon for the love of God fulfill the final outstanding referral prizes, upgrade service centers, and make the solar people/process not suck!)