General

Here's what a Tesla hating LA Times hack writes about the next "Tesla Killer."

Russ Mitchell has been a Tesla hater, publishing nothing but negative trash about Tesla for years. When asked about this a few years ago, he told me he was mad at Tesla for not giving him a Model X to review.

Anyway, meet the Model 3 killer (for "adults.") What a POS this "reporter" is.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-09-02/polestar-2-a-new-tesla-model-3-competitor

Comments

  • Starts at $60,000. No mention of FSD, driver assist, or, safety features.
  • The progressive movement is harmed by the bad press who prefer sponcer money to any kind of truthful journalism. Wsj, nytimes,latimes should pay readers to subscribe. I wouldn't even read these rags if they paid me
  • > @Mike83 said:
    > The progressive movement is harmed by the bad press who prefer sponcer money to any kind of truthful journalism. Wsj, nytimes,latimes should pay readers to subscribe. I wouldn't even read these rags if they paid me
    >
    I don't believe in throwing out the baby with the bathwater. The LA Times, to which I've subscribed for 50 years, has been shrinking in page count and stature, consistent with other print news media.

    But I don't blame the Times for their automobile reporter's biases. This was the guy that, in 2015 and the AWD MS was available, that complained Tesla would not reach critical mass because it was too expensive. And then he goes on to review (in more than 60% of his pieces) supercars with price tags of >$200K.

    SMH.
  • I've done quite well avoiding noise articles. But you are correct to not throw the baby out with the bathwater. But to have to search for journalism with integrity takes time.
    I was able to view a film called Public Trust which might be released this month. It covers the shenanigans the GOP(fossil fuel paid people) have pulled with Trump in charge like Pruitt, Zinke and all the fox in the hen-house appointees, etc. Pretty good film. Our country and the future don't look good. I wonder how many countries were destroyed by Fear and Greed. Germany in WW II is a classic example.
  • I don’t think the article is anti-Tesla. He does say the Model 3 is cheaper, faster, and has more range.

    A responsible comparison of EVs would mention their charging network, so there’s that.
  • The author and article describe the Polestar as a a "competition" nothing about "killer klowns from fanbois space". As competition, the Polestar, is more a competitor for the Ford Mach-E and Tesla Model Y.

    Polestar is the vehicle Musk was hoping to build with the Model 3, It has 2k towing and hatchback, the two things Musk promised for the Model 3 but never delivered.
  • Please post a link to that promise FishEV.
  • > @Madatgascar said:
    > I don’t think the article is anti-Tesla. He does say the Model 3 is cheaper, faster, and has more range.
    >
    > A responsible comparison of EVs would mention their charging network, so there’s that.

    You haven't read Russ Mitchell's screeds for the last five years. Trust me, he's not objective with respect to Tesla.

    "To me, the Model 3 is a youth machine, a bit weird in a “hey, look at this” way — and if it isn’t held together all that well, who cares? It’s more cool than practical."

    So, in that one sentence, he suggests that the Tesla Model 3 is not built well and it's not practical. What a tool.
  • There's something "fishy" about this whole thread.
  • > @"blue adept" said:
    > There's something "fishy" about this whole thread.

    Please. Nothing stinks like FISH. He's on an entirely different scale of idiocy.

    All right, enough. Fin.
  • As Polsetar has Swedish origins it is very well appreciated in North EU (trust me I know, because that's where I live)
    Here's nice & fair video review from Norwegian youtuber (some call this guy "EV pope") - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S53F2CtjPFg&t=382s



    ==========
    P.S. I think, there is no war on EV market. Because EV market is growing and ICE market - shrinking. Polestar doesn't lure away Tesla's customers, but ICE drivers
  • > @Heliogabals said:

    > P.S. I think, there is no war on EV market. Because EV market is growing and ICE market - shrinking. Polestar doesn't lure away Tesla's customers, but ICE drivers

    There is a war by Tesla fanbois against all things EV other than Tesla, that's all this thread is about.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > There is a war by Tesla fanbois against all things EV other than Tesla, that's all this thread is about.
    While there has been a relentless attack on Tesla by short selling scumbags. And really a big load of stinky piscine entrails.
  • Personally, I welcome the market-wide adoption of vehicle electrification by ALL automobile manufacturers the world over, though it'd be nice if it could manage to be accomplished a bit more civilly instead of everyone resorting to such juvenile, low brow tactics as slandering the industry leader in the technology in an attempt to build themselves up/gain a degree of validity.
  • Alas...

    https://media.giphy.com/media/LOWLRHs42LPUDtal3m/giphy.gif
  • Personally I don't like how the Polstar looks but I do like what Fisker is coming out with (4 EV's by 2024)
  • > @"blue adept" said:
    > Personally, I welcome the market-wide adoption of vehicle electrification by ALL automobile manufacturers the world over, though it'd be nice if it could manage to be accomplished a bit more civilly instead of everyone resorting to such juvenile, low brow tactics as slandering the industry leader in the technology in an attempt to build themselves up/gain a degree of validity.
    >

    Well Tesla fanbois are just lowbrow that way, most are anti-EV'ers and just pro-Tesla.
  • You are anti Tesla and everyone else is great. What does that make you?
Sign In or Register to comment.