Model 3

36.3.1 is here

Nothing new, just a bug fix.

Comments

• > @bjrosen said:
    > Nothing new, just a bug fix.

I love these 'nothing here' updates, they're the ones that really make AP better.

Please share how the car feels on AP.
  • I saw 3 new features in the errata. I thought one of them was a chime when the traffic light goes green but I haven’t had time to read the notes yet. I was on 2020.32.3. Were the 3 features I saw in 2020.32.5 because my M3 skipped over .5
  • The new features were in 2020.36,x. Big fixes followed.
  • 2020.36.10 is out now.
  • > @Whdame said:
    > 2020.36.10 is out now.

Appears to be primarily in Europe for the moment.
  • The chime was in 36. 36.3.1 has the same notes as 36.
  • Just tested 2020.36.3.1, works great for me. Did reboot before driving. Speed limit signs showed up right away but only pure speed limit signs not ones with lights or other sign attached. This is great because on one stretch of road by my house where the speed limit is 55, the old map data was holding the car back at 40. This morning for the first time in two years of owning the car I was able to engage AP on this road at the correct speed limit of 55 because it sees the sign.

Didn’t really notice AP ping-ponging in the lane as some have noted returned with the earlier 36.3 release, maybe the extra. .1 fixed that.
  • I also noted that the speed limit signs are able to be seen by the cameras even when I am three lanes away from the shoulder where the sign is posted
  • @M3phan - Is there a way you can tell which are using map/stored data and which are visually confirmed? I'm still on .36 (no bug fix) and haven't seen a difference, but it sounds like it may have been an issue that was now fixed.
  • Still on 32.5.

Hoping to get it soon. Planning a pre-COVID type of trip next week to squeeze in before Lockdown II. Would be nice to give the new features a run.
  • > @andy_98490374 said:
    > Still on 32.5.
    >
    > Hoping to get it soon. Planning a pre-COVID type of trip next week to squeeze in before Lockdown II. Would be nice to give the new features a run.

same here ... misery loves company i guess
  • Took my first drive on 2020.36.3.1. Very nice update. Recognized speed limit signs flawlessly, no calibration. Sets speed limit instantly by the signs ... there used to be a delay with map data. AP is solid, holds the center of the lane well. Might do a little better with sharp curves than before but it’s too soon to tell. No complaints. 😊
  • One question about reading the speed limit signs: when you encounter a sign such as "End 45 MPH Speed Limit", does the vehicle assume the limit has reverted to 55, or whatever the default is for a given locality?
  • I think anything that’s not a simple speed limit sign is ignored. Such as “school zone 20 when flashing” or speed limits attached to curve signs. Don’t know about “end limit” signs though.
  • @ hokiegir1, my assumption is if it sees a sign it bases on the sign. This is because the stretch I drive is posted 55 but AP always locked to 40 but now properly shows 55. If it doesn’t see a sign I assume it bases on map data.
  • @Family.Joules, it doesn’t visualize any speed limit signs beyond a basic one. I passed several variations and none visualized. Interestingly when I passed a speed limit sign with flashing yellow lights for a school zone, the screen visualized a traffic signal with yellow lights on the side of the road where the speed limit sign was.

The car sees more than the current SW visualizes.
  • I notice the speed limit visual doesn’t show up in the distance, but will show up when you’re fairly close approaching, and stays on screen with good detail (you can read the numbers and letters) as it passes the car avatar in close to lag free real time as you pass the sign IRL
  • Fan not running for long stretches after parking as reported by some on earlier .36 release
  • No fan issues here either.
  • It’s amazing how relatively fast unintentional bugs can get squashed. Simply an amazing car!
  • > @M3phan said:
    > It’s amazing how relatively fast unintentional bugs can get squashed. Simply an amazing car!

I think by definition, all bugs are unintentional. I know I never put them in code intentionally. ;-)
  • 36.3.1 downloading now!
  • @ mrburke, that’s true....🤦🏻🤣
  • ...unless you’re a Russian hacker group trying to misguidedly seduce a Tesla employee.
  • Updating rn, hoping it fixes a lot of phantom braking at highway speeds 😳