Model Y

Looking for Sirius/XM in my new Model Y

How can my first Tesla, a new Model Y, not have sirius/xm? I'm so upset! I have a lifetime subscription and now have no way to listen to it!

Comments

  • Yep, no factory XM in the 3/Y. I wrote this up to explain some of the alternatives: https://teslatap.com/articles/xm-radio-in-teslas/
  • It would be very easy for Tesla to implement with a streaming app, just like Spotify, but where you could log into your XM account and do the same. In fact, I believe I had recently read where they were starting to implement something like that on a trial version of software, but not sure if it was for a S & X or whether 3 & Y were to be included...we can only hope.
  • I have lifetime also and there is no need to have it in the car. They use the phone app now for content. Just link off your phone and your done. Howard Stern for all.
  • @pamela811 - I use the XM phone app and it works fine -
  • Yeah just use the app.
  • The app is a kludge. Tesla should just do the obvious, and provide a native app for those with SXM subscriptions.
    While they're at it, maybe radio.com needs an app, as all CBS properties and many others are not on TuneIn.

    With no AM or satellite radios, a substantial amount of content is not available without kludges.
  • I had "lifetime" but it was lifetime on the car I bought it with... When I switched cars, they kicked me off. What lifetime do you have? I might be interested... (Not that I can use it in my Model Y, but...)
  • I don't think they do "lifetime" subscriptions any more.
  • Don't miss Sirius at all.
  • I dont expect them to add Sirius ever. IMO that platform is not viable ... streaming is the future
  • > @AlanDD said:
    > I had "lifetime" but it was lifetime on the car I bought it with... When I switched cars, they kicked me off. What lifetime do you have? I might be interested... (Not that I can use it in my Model Y, but...)

    You might want to call SiriusXM back...they should have allowed you to transfer your lifetime subscription (or should now) to another vehicle. See: https://lifetimesiriusxmsettlement.com/
  • > @yelobird_98747025 said:
    > I have lifetime also and there is no need to have it in the car. They use the phone app now for content. Just link off your phone and your done. Howard Stern for all.

    Yes, Howard Stern is the best interviewer of all time and the music guests he have on to perform have been really good lately too.
  • > @stacok_98279004 said:
    > I dont expect them to add Sirius ever. IMO that platform is not viable ... streaming is the future

    I'm advocating for the SXM STREAMING app to be ported to Tesla, obviating the need for using a phone and the attendant risks of handling a hand-held device to select programming.
  • > @rxlawdude said:
    > > @stacok_98279004 said:
    > > I dont expect them to add Sirius ever. IMO that platform is not viable ... streaming is the future
    >
    > I'm advocating for the SXM STREAMING app to be ported to Tesla, obviating the need for using a phone and the attendant risks of handling a hand-held device to select programming.

    This is a great idea and should be done asap for the safety of everyone since so many are apparently using their phones to play Sirius in their Teslas.
  • I have a Sirius XM lifetime that I would like to use in my Tesla Model Y. Does anyone knows how to activate it in the Model Y? Thanks
  • > @raficas_98697736 said:
    > I have a Sirius XM lifetime that I would like to use in my Tesla Model Y. Does anyone knows how to activate it in the Model Y? Thanks

    please read thread from top
  • > @raficas_98697736 said:
    > I have a Sirius XM lifetime that I would like to use in my Tesla Model Y. Does anyone knows how to activate it in the Model Y? Thanks

    basically you will need to call SiriusXM and then connect via your iPhone and the SiriusXM app to use it in the Y or the 3.
  • my 8 year old car im trading in has siriusXM built in, Tesla should have it too. The great thing with Tesla is that they can just make an update and include it.
  • They could offer streaming app yes, satellite? No.
  • > @TeekyTorch said:
    > my 8 year old car im trading in has siriusXM built in, Tesla should have it too. The great thing with Tesla is that they can just make an update and include it.

    Not without new hardware. There is no SXM antenna nor receiver.
Sign In or Register to comment.