General

Any young Tesla owners under the age of 25?

I am 20 years old (M) and I recently bought a MODEL 3 Tesla. I bought it with my own hard-earned money, although I did have my father co-sign. The issue is, every other Tesla owner I've met or seen so far has been much older than me, therefore a discrepancy in age and culture exists. I was just wondering if there were any other Tesla owners who are in the same boat as me that would perhaps want to connect. Looking for someone to relate to and or share their experiences with their Tesla at such a young age.

Comments

• millzimatt - congrats on your new ride! I am an old retired guy so my thoughts may not be real helpful. but, I'll try. Have you tried the Tesla Motors Club Forums? https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/ That site is quite busy and a post like yours could be more successful over there. Also, have you tried to look up a local Tesla Owner's Club? They may have some young members. Perhaps if you tell us where you are located you might get a good response from someone local.
  • The puck in me wants to suggest Tinder. :-)
  • You may be too young to remember ‘FaceBook’ BUT there are local, national, and groups by model for Tesla owners. There’s prolly one for under 30 yr olds too but I wouldn’t know as I’m not allowed in :blush:
  • Got mine at 27. Can honestly say i havent seen anyone appearance wise to be any younger than early 30s. The age discrepancy is what you would honestly expect because 20 year olds typically just entering the workforce after college (if applicable) wouldnt really have the capital to invest in a $40k-$50k vehicle. That being said, my experience is such that people dont even realize what they get out of a Tesla purchase. Just shared it with some more family and friends this weekend and they had no idea there was a supercharging network with 150kW chargers, 15-20 min for 80% of a charge. But as you would typically expect, people in their early 20s dont have the income or savings to get a vehicle that expensive.
  • > @millzimatt_98727320 said:
    > I am 20 years old (M) and I recently bought a MODEL 3 Tesla. I bought it with my own hard-earned money, although I did have my father co-sign. The issue is, every other Tesla owner I've met or seen so far has been much older than me, therefore a discrepancy in age and culture exists. I was just wondering if there were any other Tesla owners who are in the same boat as me that would perhaps want to connect. Looking for someone to relate to and or share their experiences with their Tesla at such a young age.

Congratz on taking the decision to change the world at a young age! Test drove my first Model S with a guy I was going at school with when I was 26. Finally bought a Model 3 two years later and this has been the best purchase in all my life, environmental, economic, futures wise.
  • I'm under 30 but still waiting on delivery..and waitinggg lol
  • I am nearly 40, and honestly that’s a good thing. I wasn’t responsible enough to drive a car with this much raw acceleration in my 20s. Good chance I wouldn’t have survived it.

Not joking.