Model S

Dead center screen, can’t access app, no functionality

Woke up today to my center screen being completely dead. My driver screen is saying parking assist is down. If I load up the app it just keeps loading and says updated yesterday. I have a mobile tech coming out on tue for taillight issues so hopefully he can help but I’d like to see if anyone has any ideas? I no longer see in the app about an update, is it possible my car did the service center update and messed something up?

Comments

• To add it’s a 2014 60, app says I’m on update 2020.24.6.11
  • Use the app to schedule service and hope the tech visiting on Tuesday will be able to help. But first thing, report it as a service request right away.
  • > @Godzilla said:
    > Use the app to schedule service and hope the tech visiting on Tuesday will be able to help. But first thing, report it as a service request right away.

Just added it into my service appointment. They haven’t sent me an estimate for the taillight so I’m hoping I caught it in time. Fearing it’s an mcu replacement
  • It's at least an eMMC/daughter board replacement.
  • My main screen failed completely last Friday. Tried to reboot many times Sat and Sunday Nothing. Sunday night when I drove to drop it off to service it worked. They looked at the car today and they believe it os the daughter board at $390 for the part. They do not know when or if they can get the board. They could not even tell me the cost of the whole screen and electronics. I'll have to wait 1-2 days for costs and availability. I was told it could be a while.
  • @bobzimberg_93397238, sounds like the eMMC failure in the MCU. If you are in the U.S., replacing the MCU will be about $1300 plus labor and tax. Total around $1600 would be a swag.

What year, battery and mileage do you have on your car?
  • An eMMC failure would just be the $390 he mentioned. You don't need a new screen or electronics.