Model Y

Winter wheels

Hi folks.
I'm wondering will 18 inch wheels fit on the Y for use with winter tires; of course all the appropriate lug patterns and offsets being the same?

Comments

• With the correct wheel offset and bolt pattern absolutely. The tire aspect ratio (side wall) would change to maintain the correct rolling diameter but this is desirable for a winter tire.
  • I order my winter wheel and tire set from tirerack.com. They come mounted, balanced and ready for install.
  • Anyone have a good rim recommendation for winter tires? I'm thinking about 19" Nokian Hakka R3's. I am debating a second set of rims but I do not know what I should be looking for. I do not need pimped-out wheels. I just want something that will do the job for the winter.
  • Anyone buy their wheels and winter tires from Les Schwab?
  • I bought winter tires for my RWD Model3 from Les Schwab near Park City UT. Their service and knowledge is first rate, their tires cost more but include lifetime rotation, repair, rebalance, etc. I've spent two winters driving ski instructors to the slopes, so reliable performance is vital. So far so good.

Before that, they put winter / all seasons on my since-sold Subarus. I would totally use Les Schwab for my ModelY too.