General

Scientific American Endorses Biden

For the first time in its 175 year history Scientific American has endorsed a candidate for president. "The 2020 election is literally a matter of life and death. We urge you to vote for health, science and Joe Biden for President." And, "We do not do this lightly." https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientific-american-endorses-joe-biden/

Comments

• January 1, 2021 is going to be the biggest New Years Celebration in world history.

Trump gone, fires out, hurricanes over, Covid-19 vaccine ready. Trump is part of the problem, a large part of the problem, with Trump/GOP attacks on climate science, medical science.

"Uncle Joe" uniting US in addressing the problems with science and facts and good will.
  • You will be surprised when you see results and understand that most Americans don't support destruction of inner cities by mobs and lawless chaos. Also racial poundering and free every thing promises.
  • Is someone supposed to be surprised that a media organization endorsed a Democrat for president? I bet you watch CNN and believe what they say too.

Biden may not be able to change his own clothes by January 1, 2021 let alone be prepared for 4 years of running the U.S.

Even Elon is trying to get out of the Democrat run west!!!
  • Biden is going to be deemed unfit to hold office and Harris will assume president.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Biden is going to be deemed unfit to hold office and Harris will assume president.

If they win ;)
  • > @phil4791eng_98746796 said:
    > Is someone supposed to be surprised that a media organization endorsed a Democrat for president?

Everyone is supposed to notice that a science based group broke its 175 year old policy on political endorsements because GOP/Trump anti-science ideology is a threat to human survival, US survival.

That's how the scientists explained it to you.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Biden is going to be deemed unfit to hold office and Harris will assume president.

Reagan slept through cabinet meetings. Joe will be awake and alert. GOP seems to have a double standard on everything.
  • Fish, we know you will be a good boy and vote for whoever you told to vote for.
  • > @phil4791eng_98746796 said: > Even Elon is trying to get out of the Democrat run west!!!

Elon is a full on Trumper from day one, joining Trump's "Science Advisory" group that said man made global warming doesn't exist even though Musk's Tesla is founded on the science that Musk and Trump deny.

Add in Musk's attacks on CA, the leader in science based climate policy and EV adoption.

Add in Musk's support for TX, the most anti-science, anti-EV state in US.

Add in Musk's attacks on medical science and workers.

Add in Musk's attack on Thai cave rescuers.

Musk's pro-Trump views reminds people of Henry Ford's pro-Hitler views.
  • really? So lying to the American people is not endorse-able? huh. wow. imagine that.

stupid donald supporters can't get out of their own way. it's just sad how Americans can be so duped for 3 plus years.

What is it 25,000 lies now and you can still support this POS?

Byedon 2020
  • I hope the saying “it’s science” for everything some folks believe goes out with 2020 and doesn’t come back. It’s typically folks that don’t understand science and have no science based degree or practical science experience making those statements. They cherry pick pieces of data, apply the data incorrectly, and then claim they are using science for their decision. Just stop...
  • I bid on Bid end Harris
  • Biden will be awake and alert? lol
  • I just hope he remembers what he runs for lol
  • To those who write about Biden: Note that Trump just said that the virus and vaccine will create "Herd Mentality." We see it here.
  • Did you know that Biden thinks you're not black if you're not sure yet who you're voting for?
  • Just play the record player at night before bed and everything will be fine.
  • Did you know that Biden thinks that poor kids are just as bright as white kids?
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Did you know that Biden thinks you're not black if you're not sure yet who you're voting for?

Yeah...Biden did say something like that...but not quite that. That's okay...Andy has never been good on accurate reporting.

Biden has for years been a gaffe machine. No dispute. But if you want to compare acuity between Biden and Trump you would have to own up to a lot ... including the latest "herd mentality." That's a real knee-slapper.

The key point is that Andy, who has for years denied that he was a Trump supporter, finally reveals himself. Andy: why did you (why do you continue) to hide that?
  • @sabbia

You're right it wasnt quite like that, heres the direct quote:
    "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idpevmeoK1A

I think its hilarious quite frankly. You dont need me to defend anything, the comments are still there from 2016. Theres nothing to hide, i lean towards people that i support. And as this year has progressed, i can tell you that i do not agree with what Biden is saying nor what he supports. Thats not really my problem son.
  • @sabbia

Sorry wrong quote. Heres the direct quote:
    "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or trump, then you aint black"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQ4PAT1hTg
  • Getting back to the main topic. It is important that Sci Am has endorsed a candidate for the first time. This shows just how radical the differences are between the candidates and their prospective administrations. And how IMPORTANT this election is. Joe may not be the sharpest tool in the tool shed but he surrounds himself with plenty of bright folks who have a conscience. And that makes all the difference. That other candidate is the most corrupt President in US history and well on the way to ending the US as we knew it. Not to mention the planet. Glad Sci Am is speaking up. And glad others are speaking up like: 1. The Lincoln Project and 2. Republican Voters Against Trump 3. Veterans Against Trump.
  • Who cares if this media organization has a wacky left wing person running it. If you’re impressed that easily no wonder you think Biden is a good leader.

The donkeys chose a person for president that struggles to put complete sentences together. There are hundreds of millions of people in this country and that’s the best liberal you could find? Then when folks thought it couldn’t get any worse they said “hold my beer” and put as the VP candidate a person that hardly anyone voted for in the primaries. Yeah, I hope they are elected so they can make terrible decisions on tougher subjects the the entire country will have to live with.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > @sabbia
    >
    > Sorry wrong quote. Heres the direct quote:
    > "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or trump, then you aint black"
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQ4PAT1hTg

Apology accepted.
  • It's a fond wish that this election be decided on mental acuity. Those who would like to see a president who honors instead of insults war heroes? Those who like veterans even those who were captured? Those who value honesty over compulsive (impulsive? I don't know what else you could call it) lies. Those who would like to see amity towards Western allies instead of towards dictators. Those who would like to see a balanced budget. Yes there are plenty of Trump supporters. They do indeed have a grievance and they brook no challenge to their right to alternative facts. But there are others who vote not out of grievance; yes, those are the ones who would like to see mental acuity prevail.

Did you see the Trump's townhall yesterday? The one where he said he never downplayed the corona virus? He said that with a straight face. Right there on television. In front of a crowd and he didn't even get a red face. (Cue the Woodward tape.) The one where he claimed he passed the "Veterans' Choice act"? The one where he criticized Biden for not implementing a national mask mandate? The one where he didn't say he NEVER introduced a health care bill? The one where he proclaimed there were *NO* ventilators when he came into office? The one where he said the virus and vaccine will cause "herd mentality"?

It was so embarrassing that Fox News explained it as an "ambush."

Yup...let's go with mental acuity.